Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal - Call Failed; error when making Outbound calls

SPW999
4: Newbie

Hi There.

I have had VSS for a number of years, with little or no problems until yesterday.

When attempting to make calls from either of the 2 mobile phones registered, I now get a "Call Failed" error.

Incoming calls - OK - Texts incoming and outgoing - OK - Mobile Internet - OK - Emails Incoming and Outgoing - OK

In Line with your instructions I have tried a reset on the VSS - Still get "Call Failed" error.

PING TEST -  Ping 39ms    Jitter 2ms

SPEED TEST - Download - 6.53Mb/s    Upload - 0.38Mb/s   Ping - 50ms

Grade D   (Slower than 75% of GB)

IP ADDRESS - 81.153.103.78 - British Telecommunications

VSS SERIAL Number  -  21223457355

VSS TRACEROUTE -

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Sean White>tracert 212.183.133.177

Tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 80 ms 99 ms 99 ms BThomehub.home [192.168.1.254]
2 24 ms 24 ms 25 ms 217.47.206.58
3 23 ms 24 ms 24 ms 217.47.206.161
4 30 ms 31 ms 32 ms 213.1.69.122
5 31 ms 30 ms 31 ms 217.41.169.231
6 32 ms 31 ms 31 ms 217.41.169.109
7 67 ms 30 ms 31 ms 109.159.251.243
8 36 ms 39 ms 39 ms core1-te-0-4-0-17.ilford.ukcore.bt.net [109.159.
251.53]
9 35 ms 39 ms 38 ms peer1-xe3-1-0.telehouse.ukcore.bt.net [109.159.2
54.213]
10 41 ms 38 ms 39 ms LNDGW2.arcor-ip.net [195.66.224.124]
11 39 ms 40 ms 39 ms 85.205.116.2
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.

CAN YOU ASSIST PLEASE

Sorry but I posted this message as a reply in another message so it might be missed and not answered.

Sean

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SPW999

Hi everyone.

As I said in my previous post, it appears that Vodfone have corrected their electrical/mechanical failure which resulted in my receiving a Call Failed error, when using my mobile through the VSS system.  I have been able to call out for the last 16 hours.  Long may it continue!

For the information of others looking for a solution to a Call Failed error.  What Vodafone, EVENTUALLY did (After many days and hours of replying to stock questions) was:-

Change my SAC from that which was generated by input of my postcode on registering my VSS.

(Though I must say that this was not an easy task - As the TECH guys on this forum cannot do it themselves, and have to email their IT collegues to do it for them, and therefore emails get lost and overlooked.  The process is too say the least very haphazard !!)

Re-Syncronised my VSS unit.

After which I had to perform for the umpteenth time, a factory re-set on my VSS unit.

AND

Hey Presto it works again.  For How Long ? Time Alone will only tell, as I have seen many posts in this forum, that after change of SAC and Re-Syncronisation everything worked BUT after a few days - It Fell Out Again

So I am now marking this problem as SOLVED.  

Pity there is not also a button for:- SOLVED FOR THE TIME BEING !!!!!!

Thanks to all, and in the words of Arnold - "I'll Be Back" I very much hope not, but rest assured - "I Will be Back" and be an even more disgruntled angry contributor - If the system that cost me like many others a fair number of working hours, fails me again.

Good Luck to you all.

SPW999 

View solution in original position

22 REPLIES 22

Hi SPW999,

Your SAC has been changed this Afternoon, please can you test this again and let us know if you are still experiencing any trouble.

James

James, Thank you for your message of 06-03-2013 @ 1234 pm. So eventually the SAC has been changed.  I did not pick up your message until 07-03-2013  @ 0845 am.  So I swiched on my mobile, and attempted to make a call.

BUT GUESS WHAT:- There is NO CHANGE !!

I still get the - CALL FAILED - ERROR WHEN MAKING OUTBOUND CALLS .

Now what ??

SPW999

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi SPW999,

I have re-synced the Sure Signal for you please can you also perform a reset to make sure that it has updated with the new SAC.

• Hold down the reset button until all the lights show (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the reset button held down, remove then re-insert the power lead.
  • Once all lights display release the reset button.
  • The Sure Signal will come online in around 1 hour.

James

James,

It would appear that the problem MAY have been solved..

I have re-set my VSS as per instructiions for what I may say is the umteenth time since it all went @@@'s up.

I have called - 191 - My Voicemail - My home BT number - My wife on her Mobile, and have not received a CALL FAILED ERROR.

I will of course be testing the system over the next few days.  If all works as should I will then post a:- PROBLEM SOVLVED on this post.

If not - Be assurred that I will be back again.

But in the meantime - Thanks.

SPW999:smileyindifferent:

SPW999

Hi everyone.

As I said in my previous post, it appears that Vodfone have corrected their electrical/mechanical failure which resulted in my receiving a Call Failed error, when using my mobile through the VSS system.  I have been able to call out for the last 16 hours.  Long may it continue!

For the information of others looking for a solution to a Call Failed error.  What Vodafone, EVENTUALLY did (After many days and hours of replying to stock questions) was:-

Change my SAC from that which was generated by input of my postcode on registering my VSS.

(Though I must say that this was not an easy task - As the TECH guys on this forum cannot do it themselves, and have to email their IT collegues to do it for them, and therefore emails get lost and overlooked.  The process is too say the least very haphazard !!)

Re-Syncronised my VSS unit.

After which I had to perform for the umpteenth time, a factory re-set on my VSS unit.

AND

Hey Presto it works again.  For How Long ? Time Alone will only tell, as I have seen many posts in this forum, that after change of SAC and Re-Syncronisation everything worked BUT after a few days - It Fell Out Again

So I am now marking this problem as SOLVED.  

Pity there is not also a button for:- SOLVED FOR THE TIME BEING !!!!!!

Thanks to all, and in the words of Arnold - "I'll Be Back" I very much hope not, but rest assured - "I Will be Back" and be an even more disgruntled angry contributor - If the system that cost me like many others a fair number of working hours, fails me again.

Good Luck to you all.

SPW999 

Hi there

I have the same problem as SPW999. I also am with BT and had my VSS since last summer with no problems, even when I switched to BT at the end of last year.

But in the last week to 10 days I have encountered the same call failed error., but texts are ok.

I have tried a full reset, but to no avail. All phones registered cannot call out to other mobiles.

I assume this has to do with with the SAC.

Please could the tech team get in touch via PM so I can pass on my details and get the SAC sorted and re-sync done.

Many thanks.

Hi drworld88,

Can you change the registered postcode of the VSS and then change it back for me in your VSS dashboard?

Let me know if you still need help following the changes.

Thanks,

LeeH

Hi Lee

PaulE from the tech team also contacted me and asked me to reset the VSS as he had done a re-sync. 

Anyway, having done that and also your re-entereing the postcode it now appears to be working ok.

Many thanks to you both.

sansredi
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

H|i , My mobile no is (Removed for security), I have problems with vodafonse sure signal. The error is call failed, I am using iphone 4gs, This is happening more than a week now. I tried calling techincal team they reset the sure signal box couple of times but the problem still persists. 

Sure signal serial no 40124136587

please advise.

Hi sansredi,

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Paul