Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal - Denied a Refund in your Canary Wharf Store

jholman77
1: Seeker

bought a sure signal from canary wharf store in sept

reported it as not working straight away

tried with tech service dept again and again to get it sorted.

read everything i can on forums, including this one and tried support with my ISP too. tried numerous gates, tech settings.

it's all set up correctly, but doesn't do anything to improve signal. drops calls, fails to send texts, etc etc.

tried to return it to store today. was told it could be repaired, i said i didnt want a repair, i wanted a refund as tried everything and it didnt work and tech team said it was set up properly and working.

there was no record of my purchase on your system, nor any record of my calls even though had spoken to tech team numerous times about this.

i was denied refund, i said that with faulty goods, not functioning as intended, i could request refund under the OFT guidelines and the law in UK. i have not got a receipt, but i have got a credit card statement.

the store only wanted to send for repair, i said that i didn't want to do this, as the device seemed not to work in my house. i have a right to refuse repair and ask for refund.

i was told i needed to have reported the fault within 7 days.

i said the OFT says reasonable time, but anyway i did report it to tech services within 7 days.

I dealt with Osman, the store manager and Sam, the technical help manager in store.

They ended up telling me to speak to customer services and dialled the number for me in store.

I spoke to Muhammad on the call, who said i should get a repair, i said i didn't want one and he said i should want one.

i said it was a statutory right to ask for a refund, he said, "i refuse to offer you this right."

i would like this problem to be resolved asap.

thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

If a good is faulty and is returned to the store from which it was bought within 7 days with proof of purchase, most stores will give you a refund.  After that, if the goods are faulty, the reseller only has to offer you a repair or replacement.  In your case, it sounds like they are offering you a repair, which they are within their rights to do.

PWIAC

View solution in original position

1 REPLY 1

drey_p

Hi there

If a good is faulty and is returned to the store from which it was bought within 7 days with proof of purchase, most stores will give you a refund.  After that, if the goods are faulty, the reseller only has to offer you a repair or replacement.  In your case, it sounds like they are offering you a repair, which they are within their rights to do.

PWIAC