Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal Destination IP and Port Information

kidtrebor
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I'm using a Sure Signal in a business environment behind a firewall.  I was hoping to see based on firewall logs what the thing is communicating with on the Vodafone side, and on what ports, to more securely lock down our firewall policy.  Unfortunately the firewall policy only shows details of the traffic after the TCP/UDP session has closed and since I don't see anything in the detailed log while at the same time can see traffic passing through, I can only assume that the SS is maintaining a constant session, so I can't check this info.

Can someone provide a list of servers the SS communicates with (hostname would be preferred) and which ports it uses?

The only other thing I could do would be to block the traffic and check the log as it tries to communicate with everything, but considering the impact on the staff that wouldn't be the best idea. :Winking_smiley:  Likewise, the list would have to be complete, otherwise if even one entry was left off we would end up inadvertently blocking it. :Smiling:

Much appreciated in advance!

5 REPLIES 5

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there kidtrebor,

I'm not sure we'll be able to give you this information.

Leave it with me and I'll see what I can find out.

Cheers,

LeeH

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the reply, looking forward to hearing the result, I'm sure I can't be the only one.

Hi Lee,

Have you been able to make any progress?

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)

I saw another thread with a datasheet posted on what the SS connects to and any fqdn/IPs involved.

Will see if I can find the link for you.

grolschuk

Is This any use?