Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal Discounts?

sheppard8321
4: Newbie

Hi, Just wondering if Vodafone offer discounts for people who need a sure signal due to the 3G signal in the area being bad.?

I have been using my iphone 5s for a couple of weeks but the 3G signal is not very good in my house. I have done a coverage checker and it says that 3G in my postcode area is patchy and although the area around my house shows good coverage (purple) my house just happens to fall within the bad area (yellow).

I am unable to turn 3G off on my iphone as it no longer has a 3G toggle switch since my carrier update. I have 5 contracts including 1 data sim. I appreciate that Vodafone may not want to offer deals and force you to pay full price for the sure signal but looking at it from my point of view i will be more than happy to cancel all 5 contracts should i have to continually use a network with at best an average signal in my house.

As the signal is so patchy in the house my battery also loses % quickly as its constantly switching between 2G and 3G

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for the reply Suki but i dont recall ever asking for sure signal free of charge as mentioned in your reply just a discount. Its not a problem though as online chat were more than happy to help with a discount as they could see that my house was right on the border of a 3G signal weak spot.

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

Nabs
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi sheppard8321,

There is no harm in asking!

I think in your case the best people to speak to would be the @vodafoneukdeals twitter team. They usually deal with upgrades and new lines however I got my SureSignal through them. To contact them follow the instructions here. They are a very small (typically 3 or 4 people) and very popular team so they may not reply straight away, stick around though as one of the team will get back to you as soon as they can.

Nabs

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi guys,

Just to let you know, the @VodafoneUKDeals team can't arrange deals for Sure Signals.

sheppard8321 - We can't discount Sure Signals. We actually make a loss on each that we sell.

If you can take a look at our network troubleshooter and follow step 7, we can look to request local signal improvements for you.

Dave

I for one will NOT be purchasing another Suresignal.  I would hate the thought that I was denting Vodafone's profits when I can go get an EE or O2 sim and have 3G without the need for a loss making box.

Thanks for the reply. I totally understand that Vodafone may lose money on any sure signal sold but why should I be expected to subsidise vodafones failure to provide a decent 3G signal in my house. I have already used your coverage checker and I fall right on the edge of the 3G signal in my area and it says variable coverage. No known problems or updates due. A deal on a sure signal would boost my confidence in vodafones willingness to help, failing that I'll be looking else where once my contract are up.

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi sheppard8321

You do have a 7 day cooling off period in which to test the phone to see if you're happy with it and are receiving good signal at home.

Unfortunately as Dave has mentioned above we're unable to provide a Sure Signal for free of charge.

See how to purchase one here.

Thanks

Sukhi

Thanks for the reply Suki but i dont recall ever asking for sure signal free of charge as mentioned in your reply just a discount. Its not a problem though as online chat were more than happy to help with a discount as they could see that my house was right on the border of a 3G signal weak spot.