Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal Down for the last half an hour

Ren110
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, I live in East Kent and my Sure Signal is down - flashing power light for the last half an hour. Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Ren110,

The Sure Signal system doesn't work by location as it doesn't use the local cellsites. A flashing power light generally means there is a problem with the Sure Signal box. How long have you had it?

Is the box in a well-ventilated location? If not, it can overheat which would cause problems like this. Try switching it off for a while to allow it to cool down and see if it clears up when you restart it.

Failing that, can you confirm the serial number so we can check at this end for any issues?

Dave

Hi, this resolved itself last night but has happened again tonight. The sure signal is in a well ventilated area and has never overheated before? It has worked fine for months until this week. The serial number is 40110422975.

Many thanks

Sorry, I've had it for about two years.

Thanks

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Ren10,

Thanks for the update here.

It sounds like there could be a fault with the Sure Signal that’s causing it to overheat.

I’d try to unplug it for a couple of days to see if this clears things up for you but if it still happens then the only thing that we can do would be to look at a chargeable repair as its no longer covered by the warranty.

Another test that you can do would be to test it on a different internet connection to rule out a router setup issue. (To make sure nothing has changed in the background by your provider)

James