Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal Extender

spock_gb
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a Sure Signal connected to my Modem ( Hard Wire ) and a WiFi extender 15 meters away. However, I cannot get a phone signal in my shed, 5 meters further on.

I do have an unused ethernet cable that can be plugged into the Sure Signal, and finishes in the shed.

The question is.... What can I add to the end of the ethernet cable to enable me to make phone calls in the shed ?

11 REPLIES 11

@DaveCD

Sitting on a garden bench, no more than 8 feet away from the SS (Door Closed) ........ 2 bars.

( Door Open )..........2 bars

Move to Directly in line with the SS, with the Door Open........ 3 bars.

This is telling me that the signal is not very good in the open. Therefore, I don`t want to waste my time moving the SS to the garden wall. Looks like I`ll have to scour ebay for another SS.

I like the sound of the WiFi App mentioned by @loudgraham. Anything in the planning stages at Vodaphone ?

Check out  [Removed in line with House Rules] for the cave. You`ll see in the photos why I will be spending a lot of time there. :smileyhappy: .... and Files for an explanation of the name.

Unreal !!!!  I appologise for breaking "House Rules"... was only tring to share something as a thankyou.

I note with interest the speed of the Censorship, and the lack of the name of the Censor.

Sorry to have waisted anybody`s time... as mine has been by using the Official Vodaphone Support Forum..... I`ll try elsewhere in future.