Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal Fiasco

Debol16
1: Seeker

We bought a sure signal box 4 or 5 months ago to replace one attached to Hubby;'s corporate account which stopped working. This was the start of our problem - getting anyone at vodafone to grasp that we wanted to buy the suresignal ourselves and therefore did not need permission from hubbys employer was beyond painful and took over two hours one Saturday afternoon. However, eventually it was purchased, installed and working fine. We both have Vodafone work mobiles which will not work at all in our home without a Suresignal box. Today the box has stopped working again. Low and behold we have struggled again to get anyone at Vodafone to grasp that they do not need permission to talk to us from the corporate account holder because the sure signal box does not belong to the corporate account holder - it is ours! From the message on the Vodafone site when hubby reset his password  it looks as though they have the wrong mobile number registered against the account (we do not recongise the last 4 digits. We are now wondering if they have somehow allocated our suresignal box to someone elses account (we know it was correct a month or so ago when it went wrong before) - which might explain why it has stopped working. To cap it all in the FAQ's Vodafone helpfully suggest that you can call 191 from your Vodafone mobile?!! If I could do that from home I woundn't need a Sure Signal Box would I?!! Other than hanging myself from sheer frustration does anyone have any suggestions on how to get some sense out of this company. I have a full on work day planned tomorrow but without a mobile signal I am not going to be able to work and nor is my hubby.

36 REPLIES 36

Thanks for your reply. Using 191 is not an option as I don't have a signal to use the phone here unless I drive off down the road, hence the need for a sure signal device. My last post was to see if vodafone would at last do something but predictably they haven,t so my next move was to the ombudsman, unfortunately in my experience any award is usually between £50-£100 which is hardly going to make them sit up and take notice ....and they know it.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@peterbenson Please see the new private message I've sent you. 

How many times do we go round the same mulberry bush. You send a message , I reply , nothing but the same stock reply. Are you not allowed to use your own words? I went to my " local" vodafone store , a round trip of 40 miles, to try to talk to someone face to face and buy a sure signal device .They did not have one and said bristol was a big store and would have one. So they checked their stock before I set off. Surprise they didn't have one either. I asked when their next supply would come in. They had no idea, they turn up or not. They have no control. To summarise: I can't buy on line as that means logging into my account, which I can't do, I can't phone 191 as I have no signal, I can't buy in store as they don't have any, I phone from a landline and the operators have no idea where to direct me and same with on line chat, and "private messages" just go round in a loop. Brilliant! I think Vodafone have pretty well sealed off every avenue to help a customer. Top marks. I think the best bet for me is to throw the phone in the bin and go to a new provider.An absolute disgrace and still no one does anything and it must be pretty obvious from my posts what the problem is without the "private messages" fiasco.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@peterbenson Sorry to hear about your experience. 

We're currently awaiting stock of our Vodafone Sure Signal devices through our online ordering system, although some retail stores may have stock. 

We'd advise to keep checking via our Live Chat team for any updates to see when it's possible to place an order for your device. 

Hi Rahim,

Do you really think I have time to keep checking for stock with a company that has done absolutely nothing to help and put me through aload of stress. Quite frankly I couldn't give a damn about getting a sure signal device any more and will soldier on with the appalling reception in our area which noone seems to want to do anything about. As a company Vodafone should be very ashamed.

well the massive fine on vodafone says it all. will they start looking after customers better from now on. I won't hold my breath.

@peterbenson I've sent you a further private message so we can help with your query.