Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal Fiasco

Debol16
1: Seeker

We bought a sure signal box 4 or 5 months ago to replace one attached to Hubby;'s corporate account which stopped working. This was the start of our problem - getting anyone at vodafone to grasp that we wanted to buy the suresignal ourselves and therefore did not need permission from hubbys employer was beyond painful and took over two hours one Saturday afternoon. However, eventually it was purchased, installed and working fine. We both have Vodafone work mobiles which will not work at all in our home without a Suresignal box. Today the box has stopped working again. Low and behold we have struggled again to get anyone at Vodafone to grasp that they do not need permission to talk to us from the corporate account holder because the sure signal box does not belong to the corporate account holder - it is ours! From the message on the Vodafone site when hubby reset his password  it looks as though they have the wrong mobile number registered against the account (we do not recongise the last 4 digits. We are now wondering if they have somehow allocated our suresignal box to someone elses account (we know it was correct a month or so ago when it went wrong before) - which might explain why it has stopped working. To cap it all in the FAQ's Vodafone helpfully suggest that you can call 191 from your Vodafone mobile?!! If I could do that from home I woundn't need a Sure Signal Box would I?!! Other than hanging myself from sheer frustration does anyone have any suggestions on how to get some sense out of this company. I have a full on work day planned tomorrow but without a mobile signal I am not going to be able to work and nor is my hubby.

36 REPLIES 36

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hello @Debol16

Sounds like you've had a very trying experience with your Sure Signal.  :Sad_face:

You could contact Vodafone via Live Chat from a computer. The Live Chat link is in my signature below. 

Alternatively this eforum is owned and monitored by Vodafone U.K. We have members of the Vodafone Tech Team who are available to respond and Help where they can. They have the Vodafone logo next to their name. All posts are read by them.

Hang in there and I'm sure they'll be in touch. 

I hope this is resolved asap for you. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

peterbenson
4: Newbie
I have tried for 3 days to buy a sure signal device on line.Firstly after 6mths with my account open I was told it had been set up incorrectly and only way to rectify was to cancel it and re register.Tha tookt 2 days and alot of hours on live chat and phone to finally get someone to do it. We have absolutely no signal and to access your account they send you a security code which we obviously cannot receive. try explaining that to vodafone. So eventually when i go to buy the device you go to pay and they send you to express checkout, which leads to logging into your account which means getting a security code, which I cannot receive. so we go round and round. Try the phone and after 3/4 hour being passed around the world to people who have no idea about selling a sure signal or who to direct me to I have sat down with a large wine wondering what to do next.Anybody at vodafone want to help

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Debol16,

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information:

• VSS Traceroute command

• On a PC:
    • Click on Start and select Run
    • Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok
    • A black box will appear
    • In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter
    • Paste the output of this command into your reply

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

@peterbenson,

If you're unable to purchase the Sure Signal online, please visit your local store to complete your purchase.

If you read my post you will see it is impossible for me to get the sure signal device with the method vodafone use as I rarely have a signal particularly when you need to receive a security code, which is why I need the device.I couldn't possibly furnish you with details as I don't have one. Maybe vodafone would like to send me one gratis for the 3 days of absolute hell I've gone through

well it looks like a sure signal is not coming my way "gratis". As i live in the countryside hence the lack of signal the Local store option is a 40 mile round journey. Not really local. Has anyone else had this problem. Can it only be me.

@peterbenson

So that we can help, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

well I responded to the invtation and absolutely nothing has happened

I might add that coutesy calls to my mobile are a waste of time as I HAVE NO SIGNAL but vodafone do not seem to want to use the landline I provided. I only know about the calls when I drive somewhere and I finally pick up a signal and my phone updates. Oh and I still am no nearer getting a sure signal device. Thank you all at vodafone

@peterbenson

When you completed the email form, did you recieve and auto reply? If so, it'll contain and email reference number in the subject line. 

It’ll look like this [#10000546] and I'll check we've got it.