Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal Is It Worth Buying?

whiphaven
4: Newbie
I have always had a poor phone signal where I live, and a limited data connection. I can sometimes make calls upstairs or in the garden, but since changing fro Galaxy S phone to Galaxy S4, I cannot use the phone to make calls at all. There was a problem with the transmitter in my area HR2, but that now says it has been rectified. I still think this is a Vodafone problem, as others in my area are complaining too. I was wondering about the Sure Signal, and how "sure" it is of giving me a connection. If it s connected through broadband, I can see that it would boost data signal, but I could use wifi anyway for that! How does it boost phone signal via the Internet? From one bar that isn't enough to make a call, how good a signal could I expect? Any advice appreciated - also I am reading a lot that says VSS version 3 is no good, and to get a older version????
8 REPLIES 8

Nabs
17: Community Champion

Hi whiphaven,

Can't comment on the VSS 3 but I have used a VSS1 and 2 and both are fantastic devices. They have completely transformed by home from a complete blackspot to full 3G signal. All 4 family phones are connected and have seen massive improvements since putting the boxes in a few years back.

They can occasionally be a bit difficult to set up though most of the time they are just register, plug in then leave for a few hours. 

Nabs

mari1970
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi whiphaven,

I can agree with what Nabs has said, as i have gone from no signal at all to having full 3G coverage all over my house..

I have the VSS3, and so far have had no isues with it.. All i had to do was register, plug it in and then about 10 minutes later i got an e-mail telling me that my box was registered and ready to use!

jeffkinn
I have an SS2 and support the others in their recommendations.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

whiphaven
4: Newbie
I have seen a VSS3 on Ebay, and the lady tells me that her Vodafone contract and sin have been cancelled, and the Vodafone rep said she didn't need to do anything with VSS as it would automatically be cancelled, and was originally available to use for 32 numbers. Does that sound correct to you? I was told before they had to be de registered, but if her sim is no longer active, then maybe what sheis saying is correct. I would like to try it 🐵

Hi whiphaven,

You're right to be wary. Even if her account is cancelled, the Sure Signal would still be registered to the inactive number. She'll need to deregister it completely from the system before anyone else can use it.

If she's unsure, point her to our team on the eForum and we'll get it done.

I can see that there's currently a site listed as being worked on in the HR2 area. I've also noticed you've posted regarding the local signal here so we'll be back in touch there ASAP.

Oh, and as a Sure Signal user for a few years, I can back up what the guys have said. Makes a massive difference!

Dave

If I've helped at all today, why not leave me a little feedback?

My experiences so far have been dreadful.  I would consider another network instead.

I have vss 3.

Pros:

- On the rare occassions it works I have full signal and can make calls

Cons:

- Doesn't work for 85% of the time

- Cuts out during calls

- The box is very hot, so much so it's a potential fire risk

- The only support is via these forums

- Cost £100 to make something I pay £37 a month for work!

- Randomly stops working and then starts again

- No straight forward return mechanism

Unrelated to VSS but still a con:

- Got banned from using my email address on the forum as it contains "vodafone"!

- Or perhaps it's because I said dispariging things?  We will see!

jeffkinn
Critical comments are not deleted from the forum unless they break the rules.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

It was only my email address itself which was removed (from my profile settings).