cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal - No power light (No lights at all)

NicHeath
4: Newbie

HI

My sure signal 2 has suddenly turned off and I have no lights at all.

Before that everything was working fine.

I have tried another power supply and i get the same result, apart from a very quick flash of lights of the ethernet ports, but then nothing else.

I have left it plugged in for hours, I have pressed the reset for over 30 secs, but no result.

Is this a dead unit? Or is there something I am missing I can try

serial no.  40120930157

Thanks

55 REPLIES 55

Retired-Matt_B
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Nic,

It seems as though there's a fault.

If you've had the Sure Signal for less than two years, you can arrange a repair following the instructons here.

If you've had it for longer than 2 years, you'll need to purchase a new one.

Thanks,

Matt B

I spoke to Vodafone and was told to go to a shop and get a replacement, but on arrival I was told its another £100 for a unit, and that they didn't have stock anyway.

Personally I think its an absolutely cheek by Vodafone to ask their customers to pay more money for extra devices because their signal is weak, I got my first sure signal free as this was the case, and I was going to switch providers. I live in a town not an isolated part of the country!

If vodafone cannot provide a decent signal then its up to them to spend money and sort out their signal not the customer.

I have shares in vodafone as they are great for shareholders and very poor for customers, and I am not surprised to see Vodafone voted worst network in the UK in a recent independent study.

Utterly useless!

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Nic,

I'm sorry you feel this way.

If the Sure Signal is out of warranty we're unable to repair it. I'd recommend trying a different store for stock.

Thanks,

Sukhi

Hi,

I have the same problem, no power lights on my SS v2, but I have found that it is the power supply that has failed (it works OK with a different power supply). I am fairly sure that the unit is out of warranty, but is it possible to buy a new power supply? Serial number is 40113167403

Many thanks,

Peter

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Peter,

That serial number's showing as in warranty.

Take a look here for how to arrange a repair. :Smiling:

Thanks,

Jenny

Hi Jenny,

That's great news! The Sure Signal does still seem to be working OK with another power supply, but should I send both the SS signal and faulty power supply back for repair, just in case? Are they likely to repair it or just replace it wih a new one?

Many thanks for your help,

Peter

Hello again Jenny,

I just found the original box and the despatch note is dated 27/10/2011, so that makes it over 2 years old! Please could you confirm that this is still in warranty, before I take it to my local VF shop!

Thanks again, Peter

Hi nathusius,

If the Sure Signal is over two years old, we won't be able to repair/replace it under warranty.

You'll need to purchase a new one here.

Thanks,

Matt B

Hi Matt,

OK, that is what I thought originally, but then Jenny replied to say that my serial number 40113167403 is still in warranty, so I was confused by that! Can you confirm which is the correct info?

Thanks again,

Peter