cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal - No power light (No lights at all)

NicHeath
4: Newbie

HI

My sure signal 2 has suddenly turned off and I have no lights at all.

Before that everything was working fine.

I have tried another power supply and i get the same result, apart from a very quick flash of lights of the ethernet ports, but then nothing else.

I have left it plugged in for hours, I have pressed the reset for over 30 secs, but no result.

Is this a dead unit? Or is there something I am missing I can try

serial no.  40120930157

Thanks

55 REPLIES 55

I have a similar problem - A SS3 42141612293

I have been trying to get this to work with BT Home Hub 5 and hgave set up port forwarding for it as I found online. However, It won't do a factory reset as I can see it. The lights at the bottom (Modem / router) flash, but no lights, not even the red one on the unit will come at all under any circumstances now, however long I hold the reset button.

Is the unit faulty?

I wouldn't waste your time talking to vodafone about sure signal replacement or support, the information I was given was not only misleading but pointless.

Their signal coverage is poor, their support to enhance that poor signal is even worse.

I resolved my own issue by spending out on a replacement power supply from ebay. Just type "sure signal power supply" and many will appear. 

I will be moving away from vodafone as soon as my next contract ends very soon, so good luck to all that remain

Thanks. The one I have is a version 3 and I think the power supply is integral. Maybe there's an internal fuse - but it's fairly new so must be under warranty. I would have thought somebody from them should have responded.

I moved my own account away from Vodafone after 15 years because of poor coverage, but have been given a work phone for a new job where I am working from home - so I'm a bit stuck.

Not that our BT broadband is exactly reliable either ...

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone,

Peter – With your Sure Signal being over 12 months old, it’s now out of warranty.

@NicHeath – Please let us know if there’s anything we can help with.

@TedWalker – It looks like your Sure Signal is faulty.

If it’s less than 12 months old, please see our repair process here.

Thanks,

Gemma

Thank you. I am netiher pay monthly nor pay as you go as the phone is part of a business contract, but I personally bought the Sure Signal. I presume I can take it into any Vodafone shop for repair / exchange?

Hi 

I have a Vodafone Sure Signal that I bought in January 2013 - if I am correct. I have the same problem. Till 2 days ago it was working perfectly fine BUT suddenly yesterday when I woke up - no lights / no power. I tried other working sockets but same result.

As you have mentioned, this unit is within 2 years - can you please either get this replaced OR have it repaired? Is it possible to get an envelope by post to repair / return.

Kind regards

Javed (a loyal Vodafone customer for almost 10 years now).

Hi metalslug14,

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Laura

Thanks Laura. However I am not sure you read my post carefully.

My Sure Signal does NOT show any lights and the power light does NOT come on either. Somehow it seems to have just died - I tried resetting the device AND tried other working/tested electric sockets in my flat but no power. I still had a look at the link with troubleshooting steps - it does not say anything about no lights at all.

Can you please help this get repaired or replaced asap - given this has already been out for a few days now and it is within 2 years since I received it.

Kind regards

Javed

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Javed,

I’m sorry to hear this.

If your Sure Signal is under warranty then take a look at our repairs process.

Thanks,

Jenny

nickyandrob
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,

We've got a SureSignal 3 that was sent to us in March 2013 to replace a previously broken SureSignal 2.  The new one worked perfectly until a week ago, and now it has no lights at all on it, and appears to be totally "dead".  

I've tried all the resets and other remedies suggessted elsewhere in this forum but would welcome some advice as to how to return/fix this unit.  Without the SureSignal in our house we don't get any mobile reception.

Regards,

Rob