cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal - No power light (No lights at all)

NicHeath
4: Newbie

HI

My sure signal 2 has suddenly turned off and I have no lights at all.

Before that everything was working fine.

I have tried another power supply and i get the same result, apart from a very quick flash of lights of the ethernet ports, but then nothing else.

I have left it plugged in for hours, I have pressed the reset for over 30 secs, but no result.

Is this a dead unit? Or is there something I am missing I can try

serial no.  40120930157

Thanks

55 REPLIES 55

Many thanks Sarah - I already followed the instructions in my private message to send you guys a private email with my details. I hope you guys are now able to help me with this issue as very painful without any signal in my flat for over a week now :S.

Kind regards

Javed

I want to highlight to Vodafone AND to all Vodafone customers of the horrible service and terrible delay in resolving such a simple issue. This is absolutely unacceptable. I reported the above problem (my Sure Signal is dead) to Vodafone on your eForums on 16th October 2014. Today is the 5th of November 2014 and the issue is still no closer to being resolved. I am tempted to complain to the CEO of Vodafone UK and the Communications Ombudsman in the UK as well as publicise this horrendous service on the forums in front of all Vodafone customers.

Here is why I am upset at the terrible service provided by Vodafone on this issue:

1) It has been almost 3 week but issue has not been resolved

2) In previous emails from Vodafone, I have continuously been asked for bits and pieces of information and I have responded within a few hours each time. But after that Vodafone takes ages to reply back and the reply is either:

• asking again for some piece of information that they should have asked previously OR
  • information that I have already provided previously OR
  • just repeating the same stupid advice of resetting the Sure Signal which I have addressed in my posts 3 weeks ago AND responded to each time via email. AGAIN, I am repeating myself that the Sure Signal's power lights are not coming up at all AND I have tried it in working/checked electrical sockets AND also tried resetting the device, holding the reset button for over 15 seconds. The Sure Signal has no power so it is dead - how do you expect the reset button to work! NOTE: I still followed your advice to the word as sent in your previous message but NOTHING. The Sure Signal continues to be dead!
    SAMPLE EMAIL RESPONSE ATTACHED!

Can we please now move on to actually solving the issue?

3) I am being asked for proof of purchase when I have already said I have lost it. And it is interesting that I was informed by Vodafone previously I received my Sure Signal in Jan 2013 - so shouldn't you have this on your systems? And I have Sure Signal V3 - I couldn't have gotten the latest version that long ago, right? And elsewhere on the forum, I read a Vodafone staff state the Sure Signal has a 2 year warranty!

4) Interestingly, I understand that according to the Communications Ombudsman Citizens Advice, each customer should be receiving a good quality signal at their home address. Since the Sure Signal has been broken, I am getting terrible service at my home address. This is to the extent that in my whole flat, there is only one or two spots, standing uncomfortably right next to the window where I can make a call. Otherwise calls are dropped OR I am unable to hear the other person & vice versa. I also understand that if I don't get a good service at my home address, I am entitled to cancel my contract AND ask for compensation for lack of service at my home address for the period of the issue (now 3 weeks). I can prove the horrible reception at my home address using various apps that check signal strength and record call drops. Even though I have been extremely patient with this issue up until now. However, now as a result of this horrible service and delays, I would request Vodafone to kindly ensure:

• I get a good service at my home address - it is Vodafone's responsibility whether Vodafone ensures a good signal at my home address by providing me with a new Sure Signal or doing something else.
    • I want to be compensated for the time since I have been having this issue to the time this gets fixed as I am getting horrible reception at my home address. Not only that, I can argue that compensation of not getting a good service is not simply the return of line rental as the amount of inconvenience and stress one has to go through in the present day and age - when my mobile phone is the only means of contact I have with the rest of the world. Furthermore, what if there is an emergency and due to Vodafone's service issues, I am unable to reach the authorities OR help?!? Who will be responsible then?

I hope after this post, other Vodafone customers will sympathise with me and finally Vodafone will actually do something about this.

Kind regards

Javed

On 4 November 2014 12:45, Vodafone Customer Services (Removed in line with House Rules) wrote:

Hi Javed,

Thanks for your email.

Did you buy the Sure signal from the store? You can then get a copy from there. If it was purchased online then you should have received an order confirmation so you can check on your Inbox.

Meanwhile, I’ve resync the Sure Signal from my end. Please wait for 6 hours and then hold the reset button for 15 seconds. The Sure signal should start working.

Regards,

Joseph (Removed in line with House Rules)
Customer Service Agent (eForum)

Vodafone Limited
Vodafone HQ, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN
Registered in England No 1471587

Hi @metalslug14

I’m sorry you feel this way.

If you’re still having issues, please reply to the last email we’ve sent to you so we can investigate this issue further.

Cheers,

Laura

Hi Laura (and for every Vodafone customer on the FORUMS to see)

Honestly - the Vodafone chaps replying to my emails seem are completely incompetent OR they simply do not understand English (unless Vodafone customer service policy dictates NOT reading customer's emails).

I sent a long, detailed reply (as per your suggestion) to Vodafone again describing the complete issue (in short, Sure Signal is giving no response) AND emphasising on the time that has passed since I reported this issue (3 weeks then, now almost 4 weeks) and my frustration due to this horrible customer service. 

The Vodafone reply I received:

Hi Javed,

Sorry for the last email.

I’ve checked with the technical team and they found no issue with the Sure signal from their end. They advised you to unplug the sure signal cable and asked to plug into a different socket. If the issue persists then please provide us with a suitable time between 8 am – 8 pm where we can call you and dig deeper into this issue.

Regards,

Joseph (Removed according to House Rules)

Should I not be furious at this?

1. I have already stated in my email to Vodafone that I have Vodafone V3 which does NOT have a cable. In the reply above, there is a reference to a cable (clearly amazing attention to detail)!

2. I have also said (now many many times) the Sure Signal I have seems to have died - no lights, no response at all AND that I have tested it in many different sockets (with the other sockets confirmed they are working as other electronic devices work in them). AND THIS IS THE ADVICE I GET FROM VODAFONE TECHNICAL / EFORUM REPRESENTATIVES - like I said, saying this is completely incompetent is an understatement.

Now you tell me - it has been 4 weeks, I have wasted so much time in replying to emails, I have had limited to no mobile network signals in my flat (registered address at Vodafone), I have continuously been getting completely unacceptable advice/service from Vodafone via email. WHAT SHOULD I FEEL? WHAT SHOULD I DO TO RESOLVE THIS?

Hi @metalslug14,

Please let us know the email reference number that's in the subject of your emails.

It'll look like [#8xxxxxx], we'll then have a look into this further for you.

Thanks,

Matt B

Many thanks Matt. The email reference number in subject line is: #8351427