Skip to content
main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Vodafone Sure Signal

Sure Signal - No power light (No lights at all)

2: Seeker

This is the order placed on Tuesday 2nd Sept. WEB-0000001472377883

View more options
Thanks. However, this now driving me to absolute distraction. The unit has been diagnosed as faulty and can apparently be exchanged at a shop (but not by post). That would give a chance of getting things working quickly. I have some time available on Monday to find a shop with one in stock. However, I can't get a proper phone number to speak to anybody at any of these shops to be sure they have one before I waste time travelling again. I can't get through to anybody online or by phone who is prepared to help me locate one. I need to know where locally I can drive to get a replacement unit. Coventry, Nuneaton, Fort Dunlop, Hinckley, Kettering etc would all be acceptable, but I need to know before I travel. Please give me numbers for these shops (not the centralised numbers that sends you round in circles), tell me where there is one stock within reasonable travelling distance, or post a replacement. Please be a reasonable individual who takes the time to help individually. PLEASE CARE ABOUT YOUR CUSTOMERS.
View more options

Hi TedWalker,

We're unable to provide store phone numbers. 

If however you pop into either one of those store, they'll be able to arrange the exchange.

andwye - Please get in touch via the link Ian provided. 

Thanks,

Sukhi

View more options
3: Seeker

In case this is useful for anyone else, my SS v2 is working fine again now with just a new power supply, bought from CPC (cpc.farnell.com). Initial symptoms were an intermittant connection with just the red power light on, which could NOT be fixed by following the full reset procedure (hold reset for 30 secs, then remove & replace power plug). Eventually this changed to no lights at all (not even the power light) - I measured the output of the power supply and it was completely dead. Be wary of the power supplies for sale on eBay, as most (all?) of these have the 2.5mm connector for the SS v1, whereas the SS v2 needs the smaller 2.1mm connector (2.5mm will fit the SS v2, but it isn't really right and might give an intermitant connection)

I sourced a power supply which has 12 volt 2 amp output, so higher power capacity than the original, which might be more reliable; if you are looking for one, make sure that the centre pin of the output connector is positive (with outer ring negative) - this should be shown by a small diagram on the power supply

CPC part number which I bought (to suit the SS v2) is PW03079 (or Powerpax part number STD-1202B21):

http://cpc.farnell.com/powerpax/std-1202b21/ac-dc-power-supply-12v-2a-uk-2/dp/PW03079?Ntt=PW03079

For the SS v1 you would need CPC part number PW03080 (or Powerpax part number STD-1202B25):

http://cpc.farnell.com/powerpax/std-1202b25/ac-dc-power-supply-12v-2a-uk-2/dp/PW03080?Ntt=PW03080

I have NOT tried this part (for SS v1), but it is exactly the same power supply (12V 2A), just with a slightly larger connector; obviously this is no help to anyone with SS v3 (where the power supply is part of the unit). Both of these have a straight output connector, rather than the right angled connector of the original unit, but this does not cause a problem; otherwise they are equivalent power supplies (but with higher power capacity)

This might not fix your problem, but at £8.54 (with free delivery) it might be worth a go before shelling out £100 to replace your SS if it is out of warranty!

By the way, I had three replies from tech support about my problem and got three different answers about the warranty period: first reply said my unit was STILL in warranty (even though it was over 2 years old), second reply said it was out of warranty at two years, third reply said it was out of warranty at one year!!

Hope this helps someone else!

Peter

PS Post a reply to let others know if this fixes your problem (or not)

View more options

Hi nathusius,

Thanks for letting us know what worked for you, as it may help others too Smiley Happy.

Sukhi

View more options

After 6 weeks, so far, of trying to get this things to work, 4 visits to Vodafone shops (the nearest of which is 30 minutes drive away) and a lot of time, I now have a unit in place that seems to be lighting up correctly but still does not work. 

The red light is flashing. The the two yellow / orange lights are lit. It has been plugged in for around 24 hours, and the device is registered online.

It is connected to a BT Home Hub 5 on Infinity and there is also a BT broadband extender connected.  

Before I try to congifure the Home Hub and enable port forwarding etc, can you please tell me what I should do to make this work, or who I should talk to for proper help.

View more options

After 6 weeks, so far, of trying to get this things to work, 4 visits to Vodafone shops (the nearest of which is 30 minutes drive away) and a lot of time, I now have a unit in place that seems to be lighting up correctly but still does not work. 

The red light is flashing. The the two yellow / orange lights are lit. It has been plugged in for around 24 hours, and the device is registered online.

It is connected to a BT Home Hub 5 on Infinity and there is also a BT broadband extender connected.  

Before I try to congifure the Home Hub and enable port forwarding etc, can you please tell me what I should do to make this work, or who I should talk to for proper help.

View more options

Hi TedWalker,

The Sure Signal hasn’t made any connection to the network, since you’ve registered it (back in August).

Please test this with a different internet connection.

If it’s still the same, please see the repair process we gave previously.

Thanks,

Gemma

View more options

This is a new replacement version, freshly out of the box. I registered this one on Friday. I need to know how to connect it with my Internet connection. You are just sending em round in circles.

The repair process doesn't work - I do not have a contract - as there is no signal here. Customer service is not designed to support people without a contract, and you have made it impossible to contact the shops.

The replacement process worked in one shop but not another - you have closed all the local shops - although it took nearly 3 weeks to be replaced.

I am sure the unit is not faulty. The Internet connection works - it is working now. The unit is connected to the hub.

I think there is some configuration to do to make it worth BT Infinity. Why won't you find me someone who can help? BT is surely not an unusual Internet Provider? 

What other Internet connection could I use, as the unit is registered here? 

Vodafone customer service is absolutely appalling in my experience.

View more options

There is another thread suggesting that there has been a network problem all weekend and lots of people are having this problem. Is this true?

View more options

Hi TedWalker,

I'm sorry if you're affected. This is only being experienced by customers on the same ISP as you.

We'll post updates here as soon as we learn more.

Thanks,

Ben

View more options
4: Newbie

Hi 

I have a Vodafone Sure Signal that I bought in January 2013 - if I am correct. I have the same problem. Till 2 days ago it was working perfectly fine BUT suddenly yesterday when I woke up - no lights / no power. I tried other working sockets but same result.

As you have mentioned, this unit is within 2 years - can you please either get this replaced OR have it repaired? Is it possible to get an envelope by post to repair / return.

Kind regards

Javed (a loyal Vodafone customer for almost 10 years now).

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi metalslug14,

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Laura

View more options

Thanks Laura. However I am not sure you read my post carefully.

My Sure Signal does NOT show any lights and the power light does NOT come on either. Somehow it seems to have just died - I tried resetting the device AND tried other working/tested electric sockets in my flat but no power. I still had a look at the link with troubleshooting steps - it does not say anything about no lights at all.

Can you please help this get repaired or replaced asap - given this has already been out for a few days now and it is within 2 years since I received it.

Kind regards

Javed

View more options

Hi Javed,

I’m sorry to hear this.

If your Sure Signal is under warranty then take a look at our repairs process.

Thanks,

Jenny

View more options
Hi Jenny

Thanks for your reply but it seems like I am not being clear enough. I called the customer service and they weren't very helpful - talking to someone abroad. That's the reason I am getting in touch on here on the forums to get help.

I read elsewhere on the forums that Sure Signal should be covered for 2 years since receipt and I received my Sure Signal beginning of last year. Hence can someone please help and arrange a repair or replacement. It has already been almost sea week since my Sure Signal just randomly decided to stop working.

Kind regards

Javed
View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi metalslug14,

We’d be happy to help you with this.

Please see details on how to get in touch here.

Thanks,

Sarah

View more options

Many thanks Sarah - I already followed the instructions in my private message to send you guys a private email with my details. I hope you guys are now able to help me with this issue as very painful without any signal in my flat for over a week now Smiley Frustrated.

Kind regards

Javed

View more options

I want to highlight to Vodafone AND to all Vodafone customers of the horrible service and terrible delay in resolving such a simple issue. This is absolutely unacceptable. I reported the above problem (my Sure Signal is dead) to Vodafone on your eForums on 16th October 2014. Today is the 5th of November 2014 and the issue is still no closer to being resolved. I am tempted to complain to the CEO of Vodafone UK and the Communications Ombudsman in the UK as well as publicise this horrendous service on the forums in front of all Vodafone customers.

Here is why I am upset at the terrible service provided by Vodafone on this issue:

1) It has been almost 3 week but issue has not been resolved

2) In previous emails from Vodafone, I have continuously been asked for bits and pieces of information and I have responded within a few hours each time. But after that Vodafone takes ages to reply back and the reply is either:

• asking again for some piece of information that they should have asked previously OR
  • information that I have already provided previously OR
  • just repeating the same stupid advice of resetting the Sure Signal which I have addressed in my posts 3 weeks ago AND responded to each time via email. AGAIN, I am repeating myself that the Sure Signal's power lights are not coming up at all AND I have tried it in working/checked electrical sockets AND also tried resetting the device, holding the reset button for over 15 seconds. The Sure Signal has no power so it is dead - how do you expect the reset button to work! NOTE: I still followed your advice to the word as sent in your previous message but NOTHING. The Sure Signal continues to be dead!
    SAMPLE EMAIL RESPONSE ATTACHED!

Can we please now move on to actually solving the issue?

3) I am being asked for proof of purchase when I have already said I have lost it. And it is interesting that I was informed by Vodafone previously I received my Sure Signal in Jan 2013 - so shouldn't you have this on your systems? And I have Sure Signal V3 - I couldn't have gotten the latest version that long ago, right? And elsewhere on the forum, I read a Vodafone staff state the Sure Signal has a 2 year warranty!

4) Interestingly, I understand that according to the Communications Ombudsman Citizens Advice, each customer should be receiving a good quality signal at their home address. Since the Sure Signal has been broken, I am getting terrible service at my home address. This is to the extent that in my whole flat, there is only one or two spots, standing uncomfortably right next to the window where I can make a call. Otherwise calls are dropped OR I am unable to hear the other person & vice versa. I also understand that if I don't get a good service at my home address, I am entitled to cancel my contract AND ask for compensation for lack of service at my home address for the period of the issue (now 3 weeks). I can prove the horrible reception at my home address using various apps that check signal strength and record call drops. Even though I have been extremely patient with this issue up until now. However, now as a result of this horrible service and delays, I would request Vodafone to kindly ensure:

• I get a good service at my home address - it is Vodafone's responsibility whether Vodafone ensures a good signal at my home address by providing me with a new Sure Signal or doing something else.
    • I want to be compensated for the time since I have been having this issue to the time this gets fixed as I am getting horrible reception at my home address. Not only that, I can argue that compensation of not getting a good service is not simply the return of line rental as the amount of inconvenience and stress one has to go through in the present day and age - when my mobile phone is the only means of contact I have with the rest of the world. Furthermore, what if there is an emergency and due to Vodafone's service issues, I am unable to reach the authorities OR help?!? Who will be responsible then?

I hope after this post, other Vodafone customers will sympathise with me and finally Vodafone will actually do something about this.

Kind regards

Javed

On 4 November 2014 12:45, Vodafone Customer Services (Removed in line with House Rules) wrote:

Hi Javed,

Thanks for your email.

Did you buy the Sure signal from the store? You can then get a copy from there. If it was purchased online then you should have received an order confirmation so you can check on your Inbox.

Meanwhile, I’ve resync the Sure Signal from my end. Please wait for 6 hours and then hold the reset button for 15 seconds. The Sure signal should start working.

Regards,

Joseph (Removed in line with House Rules)
Customer Service Agent (eForum)

Vodafone Limited
Vodafone HQ, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN
Registered in England No 1471587

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @metalslug14

I’m sorry you feel this way.

If you’re still having issues, please reply to the last email we’ve sent to you so we can investigate this issue further.

Cheers,

Laura

View more options