Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal Not Fit for Purpose?

coelo
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am now on my second Sure SIgnal device - the first generation version which I had purchased having been suspended and I having recently been advised that it is not possible to lift the suspension?? I assume it was suspended through lack of use - it hardly ever worked and when it did would drop calls more often than they could be completed - hence it was consigned to my box of useless IT stuff! Great business idea - suspend the equipment rendering it redundant and forcing purchase of another unit!

So mug that I am I followed the herd and purchased the latest version in the vain hope that maybe this time, I'll be lucky (apologies to Sally Bowles!). Sure enough the only "sure" thing it appears about the device is that it will work intermittently for a period of a few weeks brefore retreating into cyberspace with only its one red eye defiantly staring unblinkingly at the feckless purchaser, who has just been relieved of yet another hundred quid or more (I seem to recall the first one I bought was about £165?), is left in a communications vacuum. I guess I should have had regard to the obvious before being caught again: any device which has a troubleshooting forum running to the number of pages of messages as this one does has quite clearly got issues.

My advice? Switch network to one that can actually provide a signal in your area. The walls of my property are around a foot or more of solid stone yet O2 manages to breach these providing a good to excellent signal as do other cellular networks. Oh and I don't live in a great wilderness - 12 miles from the centre of Glasgow and according to Vodaphone's signal coverage map - an excellent reception area!!

For me Vodaphone have had their second and last chance! The version 3 unit I have is about 6 weeks old now and I shall be returning it for a refund as it clearly is not "fit for purpose"!

1 REPLY 1

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi coelo,

We'd like the opportunity to get this working for you so please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply below including the following information;

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Kay