Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal Not Working After Vodafone Support "help"

demiurge_uk
2: Seeker

Sure signal working fine for over a year.  Then the Mrs upgraded her iPhone 4s to a 5s.  Collected the new phone on the 23rd Nov and passed her 4s down to my daughter.

No signal in the house on the 5s or the 4s, but my phone working fine.

Spoke to support via the online chat (eventually – always busy - it’s a joke.) and they said the sure signal uses a mix of phone number and sim number.  As these had changed on both phones the sure signal needed a resync.

3 days later and still no signal on the two phones.  Mine was still working fine.  Another chat with support at 1am (the earliest I could get hold of anyone!) and they claim the resync needs to be done again plus a factory reset of the sure signal.

Since then none of the phones are working and I am getting closer and closer to canceling all the contracts and going elsewhere.

Current status of the sure signal is flashing lights on the front in the following sequence

No lights

Lights 1 & 2

Light 2

Light 1

Repeat

Speed Test

Ping 37ms

Download Speed 10.98Mbps

Upload Speed 1.01 Mbps

Ping Test

Ping 22ms

Jitter 1ms

External IP

Sure Signal Serial Number: 21221609957

Tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177]

over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  192.168.0.1

2     9 ms     8 ms     9 ms  217.32.145.7

3     9 ms     8 ms     8 ms  217.32.145.46

4    13 ms    13 ms    13 ms  212.140.235.202

5    12 ms    13 ms    13 ms  217.41.169.243

6    13 ms    13 ms    13 ms  217.41.169.109

7    13 ms    12 ms    13 ms  acc2-xe-4-3-0.sf.21cn-ipp.bt.net [109.159.251.231]

8    22 ms    23 ms    23 ms  core2-te0-2-4-0.ealing.ukcore.bt.net [109.159.251.143]

9    21 ms    22 ms    22 ms  peer1-xe4-0-1.telehouse.ukcore.bt.net [213.121.193.148]

10    28 ms    27 ms    23 ms  lndgw2.arcor-ip.net [195.66.224.124]

11    23 ms    21 ms    22 ms  85.205.116.6

12     *        *        *     Request timed out.

13     *        *        *     Request timed out.

16 REPLIES 16

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi demiurge_uk

I have checked and can see that the Sure Signal box has not connected with any devices since 12/2/2013, so any 3G coverage received has come from the network.

I have tried to connect with the device from this end, however this has not been possible as it is no longer connecting with us.

Please can you ensure that all the following ports are open on your router:

8              TCP          UDP         Unassigned 

50            TCP          UDP         Remote Mail Checking Protocol 

53            TCP          UDP         Domain Name System (DNS) 

67                            UDP         Bootstrap Protocol (BOOTP) Server; also used by Dynamic Host                                                                         Configuration Protocol (DHCP RX) 

68                            UDP          Bootstrap Protocol (BOOTP) Client; also used by Dynamic Host      Configuration Protocol (DHCPTX) 

123                          UDP         Network Time Protocol (NTP)—used for time synchronization 

500                          UDP         Internet Security Association and Key Management Protocol (ISAKMP)

1723        TCP          UDP         Microsoft Point-to-Point Tunnelling Protocol (PPTP) 

4500                        UDP         IPSec NAT Traversal 

33434 - 33445         UDP         Traceroute for IP location check and bandwidth estimation 

A reset would then be required as follows:

-Hold in the reset button until all lights go solid

-Pull the power lead out with the reset button still pushed in

-Continue to hold down the reset button and reconnect the power lead

-Wait for all lights to come on and then release the reset button

Please let me know how you get on.

Cheers

DaveCD

demiurge_uk
Your records are probably wrong as there is no 3G coverage in our area at all, and no phone signal in our house but all three phones would be working off wifi not 3G, the sure signal is purely used for phone signal. All phones were working fine with full signal until 4 weeks ago and mine was fine until 3 weeks ago. Router hasn't changed and worked fine until the reset by Vodafone. I will double check open ports on the router but it isn't the problem.

Hi demuiurge_uk,

Can I get you to re-check the serial number of the Sure Signal?

The one you've given definitely hasn't connected to our systems since February.

Dave

Sorry been away

Serial number is 2122160997

photo.JPG

Hi demiurge_uk,

Thanks for this. I’ve pushed through a resync for you. Can you give that a few hours and then if it doesn’t come back on, try a reset again for me?

Thanks

Wayne

No still down.  Performed two reboots plus the router.  Checked and have ports 8, 50, 123, 500, 4500 & 1723 (heard this one is also used) open, also reserved the ip address of the sure signal and forwarded the ports to the internal ip

It was all working fine for over a year with the current router so none of that should be an issue.

Getting extremely frustrated........this should be easy.  These are sold over the counter to anyone, should be plug n play.

Hi demiurge_uk,

All the ports that need to be open can be found here.

Are you still seeing the same light sequence?

If yes, it’d suggest that it’s stuck in the reboot cycle and faulty.

The easiest way to determine this would be to try it on a different internet connection at a friend’s or family member’s house.

If you get the same issue, we can offer a repair but this would be chargeable as the Sure Signal is no longer under warranty.

James

Yes same sequence. 

I will have to speak to customer service.

Thanks to those that have attempted to help and sorry if my frustration has come across negatively, but paying serious money for no service 12+ hrs a day is just not acceptable. 

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi demiurge_uk,

Try using your Sure Signal on another connection as James suggested above and this will help determine if the fault lies with the Sure Signal or the connection.

Thanks,

Jenny