Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal Not Working After Vodafone Support "help"

demiurge_uk
2: Seeker

Sure signal working fine for over a year.  Then the Mrs upgraded her iPhone 4s to a 5s.  Collected the new phone on the 23rd Nov and passed her 4s down to my daughter.

No signal in the house on the 5s or the 4s, but my phone working fine.

Spoke to support via the online chat (eventually – always busy - it’s a joke.) and they said the sure signal uses a mix of phone number and sim number.  As these had changed on both phones the sure signal needed a resync.

3 days later and still no signal on the two phones.  Mine was still working fine.  Another chat with support at 1am (the earliest I could get hold of anyone!) and they claim the resync needs to be done again plus a factory reset of the sure signal.

Since then none of the phones are working and I am getting closer and closer to canceling all the contracts and going elsewhere.

Current status of the sure signal is flashing lights on the front in the following sequence

No lights

Lights 1 & 2

Light 2

Light 1

Repeat

Speed Test

Ping 37ms

Download Speed 10.98Mbps

Upload Speed 1.01 Mbps

Ping Test

Ping 22ms

Jitter 1ms

External IP

Sure Signal Serial Number: 21221609957

Tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177]

over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  192.168.0.1

2     9 ms     8 ms     9 ms  217.32.145.7

3     9 ms     8 ms     8 ms  217.32.145.46

4    13 ms    13 ms    13 ms  212.140.235.202

5    12 ms    13 ms    13 ms  217.41.169.243

6    13 ms    13 ms    13 ms  217.41.169.109

7    13 ms    12 ms    13 ms  acc2-xe-4-3-0.sf.21cn-ipp.bt.net [109.159.251.231]

8    22 ms    23 ms    23 ms  core2-te0-2-4-0.ealing.ukcore.bt.net [109.159.251.143]

9    21 ms    22 ms    22 ms  peer1-xe4-0-1.telehouse.ukcore.bt.net [213.121.193.148]

10    28 ms    27 ms    23 ms  lndgw2.arcor-ip.net [195.66.224.124]

11    23 ms    21 ms    22 ms  85.205.116.6

12     *        *        *     Request timed out.

13     *        *        *     Request timed out.

16 REPLIES 16

Well here I am again.  Another phone upgrade, another 3 months of trying to get my sure signal working again.

There is good news......following the last nightmare, I actually know what the problem is.  The down side is I cannot find a single tech support member who can seem to understand.

The problem is that, regardless of what tech support thinks, Vodafones sure signals store not only the phone number but also the sim number of your phone.  I was told this a year ago by the Vodafone engineer that managed to fix this last time.  Unfortunatly the private messages on here have been removed / archived so I cant find out who it was.

So the million resets of the sure signal and adding and removing my number will not work as it needs clearing from Vodafones servers.  My understanding is the box itself contains little -or no data at all.

I know there is nothing wrong with the sure signal as I also have the problem on both of the sure signals at work (none of the other 7 users have a problem at all) and my daughters phone works fine at home.

Please, please can someone who understands, contact me as my phone is pretty much unusable for 90% of the time (work and home)

I hope you can restore some of my faith in Vodafone

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@demiurge_uk 

Many customers upgrade their phones to ones that require a smaller or different SIM and continue to use the Sure Signal without issue.

You're right that the Sure Signal uses this information and to update the details use the following steps.

• Remove your number from the Sure Signal in your admin page (assign the Sure Signal to another user if you're the lead)
  • Switch off your handset
  • Reset your Sure Signal as below
  • Once the Sure Signal is back online, restart your phone
  • Add your number to the Sure Signal through the admin page

To reset your Sure Signal:

• Hold in the reset button until all lights go solid
  • Pull the power lead out with the reset button still pushed in
  • Continue to hold down the reset button and reconnect the power lead
  • Wait for all lights to come on and then release the reset button

The Sure Signal will be back online in around 1 hour.

Let us know how you get on.

DaveCD

demiurge_uk
I have tried this before many times as instructed by tech support. But I have tried it again.

Removed the users (It affects both mine and my wife's phone)
Turned off both phones waited 5 mins
Reset the sure signal
Waited 15 mins
Turned on the phones and added the numbers back in.
That was Tuesday and still no signal.

There is no problem with the sure signal as my daughter phone is working fine.

LeeJS
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @demiurge_uk 

As there's only one mobile number currently attached to the Sure Signal 21221609957, please confirm if you're using a new one and if so what the serial number is.

If you could also confirm the light sequence displayed, we'll be able to look into this further.

Thanks,

Lee

demiurge_uk
Hi Lee. There is only one as I removed mine and my wife's on Friday night in an attempt to go through the previous suggested steps over a longer period of time. I have just reset it but the lights were all lit bar the third one down (the one that lights when a call is going out over the sure signal).

Hi @demiurge_uk 

I’ve sent you a private message so we can help with this.

Our Live help’s available for immediate help.

Thanks,

Sarah

demiurge_uk
Ok so I performed the steps out lined above but this time spread them out. So I removed the numbers 6 days ago, turned off both phones on Sunday night and reset the sure signal. Left the phones off for over an hour (longer than the hour it was suggested the sure signal requires to reboot). I then added the numbers back in yesterday (25 hrs ago).

The result is still no service on either phone (but my daughters is still working fine).