Sure Signal Over Satellite

Paul54321
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi All

Have has VSS for years running on BT at:
0.75MB Downstream

0.95MB Upstream

And it worked fine, recently switched to Satellite so tested the VSS over the satellite broadband for 6 weeks and it worked fine, sure there is a bit of a delay when talking but nothing I can't get over where there is zero Voda signal.

The Sat broadband is running at:
IP: 88.210.160.3
11MB Downstream
1MB Upstream
Ping: 667ms

The VSS has suddenly decided to stop working, the lights on the VSS are: Flashing Red / Orange / Off / Orange

Can I check if the Sat Broadband IP is on the Voda white list as its a bit strange that it just suddenly stopped working.

Thank you.

Paul

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

Which model of sure signal is it ?

I ask as It may also be worth trying a different power supply with the SureSignal (Version 1 & 2 ), as there have been some reports of replacement power supplies solving the issues. Even if lights / power are showing. They are available on eBay for around £10. From member cineriv "But firstly, have a look around for a suitable unit with a 12 Volt output @ around 1.5Amp capacity that you could 'borrow' to prove the fault. Suitable units can be found on external hard drives, monitors, printers, routers etc.etc."

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi Lee

Its version 3 so no external power supply, I was running BT and Sat at the same time so when it stopped working on the Sat broadband I tried it on BT with the same results.  Have also swapped out the cables, done a factory re-set basically everything that is on this forum / help files.

Cheers

Paul

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Paul54321 Sorry for the delay in reaching your post. 

If you're still having issues, please can you verify the serial number for your Vodafone Sure Signal? 

I can also confirm that your IP is on our Whitelist. 

Hi Rahim

Thanks for getting back to me.

Spoke with Krishnendu on live chat yesterday asked to check the IP was on the white list and re-sync the VSS, it worked and its back online.

For others out there who have satellite the VSS works with (Avanti Broadband) it just has a delay. Will update this thread if anything changes.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Paul54321 Great to hear! 

Thank you for keeping us updated. 

gsmsecure
12: Established
12: Established

You may find the ping delay is too long to maintain sucessful and continuous VPN link to Vodafone.

This is the experience I have had with Sat installs a few years ago..

Do you know what the ping was prior to it failling over?

It is important to report all failed SureSignal V3 using the links below to:

BBC's Watchdog: https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact

Trading Standards: Call them on 0345 4 040506

Vodafone CEO: http://www.ceoemail.com -  (Search Vodafone UK)