Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal - Piece of Junk?

gking
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello all

Bought a SureSignal V3 about 4 o5 5 weeks ago and I have had trouble with it ever since. It registered fine, I added my phone numbers to it.....and it worked for a couple of days. 

Next thing you know I'm half way through callls and all of a sudden the signal dropped out. I go to the suresignal and restart it. 

Again, for a couple of days maybe it will work, then it just craps out again.

Tried going through the whole reset process, and it did work for a few days.......but then it started having problems again.

Looking at it now I have one light on it. The light to the left looking at the device. Its solid red. no other lights. Light on my router shows that its cabled correctly.

I am just about finished with this now, it's driving me insane. have I just got a faulty one? Is there anyone i can call that can help me out with this or have I just wasted the best part of £100 on technology that just isn't up to scratch?

Many thanks

Graham

30 REPLIES 30

Mine has suddenly started working after being offline for 2 days!!

Just got off the phone to technical support and was told that because I have a 4G smartphone (iphone) on a 4G network, I have to turn off the enable 4G setting on my phone (surely this is not true?)

Anyway he resynced the Sure Signal, I turned off 4G and it's made no difference

Neil_Brown
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member

surely this is not true?

My understanding is that the Sure Signal is a 3G femtocell. If a phone is set to connect to a 4G network preferentially, and you are in a 4G area, it might prefer a weaker 4G connection over a stronger 3G one.

Neil

Hi Neil

But surely even with 4G enabled on my phone the users light (the third light that looks like a mobile phone) on the sure signal should still be lit up no?

Hi Freshie,

Then, by the same token, you should also turn 2G off. Haha... these chaps have such an imagination. For your peace of mind, it fails with 3G phones too.

All the best

Raul

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi freshie, 

The light sequence you're seeing is due to a failed location check. 

It's a strange request but can you log into your Sure Signal dashboard and change the postcode (any will do). After a couple of hours please change it back to your postcode and let us know how you get on. 

windsurfkid, I'm glad to hear the issue is resolved. :smileyhappy:

Neil_Brown, The 4G setting on a handset isn't 4G only, it also includes 3G. If the 3G connection is stronger it will pick this up. 

Thanks, 

Kay

Ok, so today I have been cut off by this useless piece of junk at least 4 times. Very embarassing when I am speaking to customers.  

When I check the unit each time, I have a flashing power light and solid light next to it. Reboot, and it works again for another coupe of hours.....

This technology is not fit for purpose in it's current form. 

How do I got about either getting a replacement unit or prerferably a refund to compensate me for my purchase?

Not impressed one little bit

Thanks

Graham

I'm having similar problems. The Sure Signal cuts out at least 3-4 times a day invariably when I'm speaking to customers. Vodafone signal in the area I live is pathetic so I thought the Sure Signal would resolve all my problems. Unfortunately it just makes things worse. Is the unit faulty???

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi folks,

gking - Your upload speeds are on the threshold of the minimum required for the Sure Signal to work effectively. Discussing your speed options with your ISP will be one route. Alternatively, we can look at a warranty repair if you feel your unit is faulty. I must stress though that with speeds of 0.36Mbps the Sure Signal may be intermittent through the day when there's congestion.

zx-2 - Could you use the Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, and then post back your results if you’re not directed to an existing thread? I understand you did this back in October but we need to see if any of the details have since changed. :Smiling:

Cheers, Ben

Edit on my previous message: despite my efforts, numerous attempts, and hours spent trying to make my Sure Signal work, it started crashing again and disconnecting calls.

I took it back to the shop and got my money refunded, this device is not worth spending money on.