Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal Power Supply Failed

dlorde
7: Helper
7: Helper

My SureSignal box just stopped working, no lights at all. I put a test meter on the power supply and it shows no 12v output.

What's the quickest way to get a replacement power supply?

11 REPLIES 11

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi dlorde,

We are unable to supply a new power supply for the Sure Signal.

How old is your unit? If it’s under 2 years old, it’ll be covered by the warranty so you can send it for repair.

If it’s over 2 years old, it’ll be out of warranty. You can still send it for repair but it’ll cost you £65. You may wish to consider a new Sure Signal at £100.

Thanks

Andrew

Thanks Andrew, I have found a compatible power supply adapter elsewhere. 

It seems absurd to replace the whole SureSignal box or send it for 'repair' just because the power adapter (a completely sealed unit) has failed. I'm a little surprised Vodafone can't provide a replacement adapter, but I suppose it's par for the course...

I've had the same problem! Looking at replacement power supplies. Can you tell me is the power inout jack a 2.1mm or 2.5mm jack? Thanks

Hi krjwalker, 

It takes a 12V 1.5A mains adapter. 

If you visit a store we can test it to make sure it's definitely a power supply issue. 

Thanks, 

Kay

Same problem here.  To be more green and make use of a perfectly decent Sure Signal V1 would be great if Sagem or Vodafone could provide a spares service.   

cineriv
16: Advanced member

Hi whiteduck,

Power supply adaptors are readibly available from Amazon or Ebay, just search the net for 'Sure Signal power supply' and they are reasonably priced at around £10.

Good luck,

Mike.

Thanks Mike!

Having thrown out the box and instructions for my Sure Signal V1, I ended up opting for this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005EWJGXG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00

Works a treat, plus might well come in useful for future broken devices.

cineriv

Hi krjwalker,

The PSU that you have purchased is not man enough to comfortably supply the Sure Signal as it only has a 1 Amp capacity.

When the Sure Signal is fully running, it requires about 1.2 Amps of power, so you would require a power supply of at least 1.5 Amps capacity, better still... 2 Amps! .

Regards.