Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal Problem

chasedradioman
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Can Anyone help have a sure signal which 

1 when I connect to my virgin media connection via a netgear fvx538 firewall/router the sure signal seems to work.....

2 when I then put the same static ip into a TP-Link or Asus router says that there is then a connection problem.

This is baffling me as there is no port forwarding or services enabled on  the fvx538 or on the router so why wont it work........................

6 REPLIES 6

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi,

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Jenny

The problem that I am getting is the VSS is not getting an IP From either a TP-Link Router or a Asus router but is getting an IP from a Netgear FVX538 firewall/router???????????????????

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

What models are the TP Link and Asus?

Do other devices work ok when they are in place?

Is the termination point for the virgin coax just a modem, or is that also a router?

The TP Link is a TL-WR740N not sure about the ASUS cause that is the customers router...

When the VSS is connected to either it does not show in the DHCP table of either one but as soon as you connect to the netgear it connects and shows up in the DHCP table straight away?????????

We are a wireless ISP and have a Fibre connection which is terminated at a router then ethernet connection into WAN port on TP link router??

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi chasedradioman

If the Sure Signal is working with one router then it’s working fine. It sounds the issue lies with the other routers, you'll need to contact the manufacturer for further assistance.

Thanks

Sukhi