Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal Problems continue

Iainsax
2: Seeker

I am kind of at the end of my tether with this!

I posted on this forum initially as calls kept dropping out.

I did all the tests suggested and then advised to try on another internet connection to see if same problem. None of my neighbours are on vodafone, so this is inconvenient to say the least.

I called Vodafone a week or two ago as since this happened it now won't work at all. The power light comes on, then the internet light flashes for a while and then all lights go off and then power light back on and then internet light flashing and same over and over again. When I called I was told to contact my ISP (Sky) to check the ports are open. I was sent a text explaining, but when I spoke to sky they didn't really understand what it was saying: This is the text:

Dear Customer:
To make sure that your VSS is working properly with your router, you need to check the Following settings:
Download speed must be not less than 1 mbps, and upload speed must be between 340 and 380 kbps.
Make sure that the MS (Latency) is between 15 and 20 MAX.
Your ISP can open your Router dashboard, Select the attached devices (make sure that the MAC number for the VSS is appeared there )
Make sure of the IP that is attached to the MAC number for the VSS  as it should assign this MAC to this IP address and make sure to be a static IP.
Your ISP can assign this Static IP with the MAC number then assign all this to the Following ports that Must be opened:
Port 8 opened on (TCP/UDP)
Port 123 opened on (TCP/UDP)
Port 50 opened on (TCP/UDP)
Port 500 opened on (TCP/UDP)
Port 4500 opened on (TCP/UDP)
Finally, Please check the protocol type MUST BE  PPPoA  (you can check it from the dash board 1st page under basic services).
If all of these are set up properly, then the VSS device will be working fine.
Thank you for Calling Vodafone Today
Vodafone Technical Team

3 REPLIES 3

Iainsax

Sorry, hadn't finished.

I had actually called to ask for a refund and want to give up with this. But told I can't have one as not within 7 days.

I feel like I've flushed £100 down the toilet at the moment.

Please help.

Thanks

Iain

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Iain,

Thanks for posting back. I've taken your serial number details from your other post here. Our systems show your unit hasn't connected with us since 28/06/2013. I can push a manual re-sync through from this end for you but I'll need you to reset the device again to complete the 'handshake'.

Remember, whichever broadband connection you test the Sure Signal on doesn't have to be a Vodafone customer. It helps confirm there's nothing wrong with your Sure Signal. Your ISP really should have a better idea about port forwarding though so I'd ask to speak to their technical team if the Customer Services agent you spoke to wasn't trained enough.

Let me know how the reset goes and remember it will take up to an hour for the Sure Signal to come back online after reset. :Winking_smiley:

Cheers, Ben

Thanks for your reply Ben

I'm not back home until this evening. So is it a case of just pressing the reset button on the VSS before plugging it back in or when plugged in?

When I spoke to my ISP provider we had the router dash board open but was not showing any MAC number for it. Just showing unknown device connected.

Cheers

Iain