cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal - Red Light Only-Please do something for me!

NotsoSureSignal
2: Seeker
Sure Signal – RED LIGHT ONLY I have now given up on ‘Live Chat’ I need someone who knows what they are doing to sort this Sure Signal box. My Wife has gone out and got a P&G O2 SIM card so that she can keep her business going by transferring calls to that number from her Vodafone handset. We have had this box since Sept. 2011 and apart from a few ‘switch offs and switch ons’ following inadvertent switch off of the router it has performed OK. The box stopped working on the night of the 26th July 2013. Nothing, as far as we know was happening on the system at the time. We were asleep and all computers etc were switched off. Just to confirm:- Following a reset both soft and hard the red light comes on 30-40secs later the system and phone lights flash once then gop out 1-2 mins later the system and phone lights flash and continue for about 8 mins then both go out and stay out. Signal box is White Ser No. is 40112558289 It shows to be Registered and Active on my Account. Our Router is a BT home hub3 The broadband light is on and BLUE BT has said that there was/is no maintenance going on around that time. There was no upgrade of router software at that time. BT have checked my line and reported there is no fault. The connection speed is 5.38mb, Download is 4.34mb and upload is 0.38mb. I have changed the Ethernet cable, I have tried another port. The power and comms. lights are both on green steady and yellow flashing intermittently I have switched off and on so many times I’ve lost count. That is both ‘soft’ and ‘hard’ restarts. I have sat and watched it for hours and reported back to people from all over to describe what happens to the lights. I have been ‘Resynched’ twice and done resets after both. We have one PC connected to the hub by cable and one laptop connected to the hub via WiFi Something must happen to solve this problem, all our phones have to use this device due to no signal in this area. Please help Regards
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NotsoSureSignal

Thanks for that Lee,

I am in the middle of a live chat with you firm and they are about to get me to send my unit back to them for repair as they say the box is faulty! what d I do?

Regards

Deric

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

NotsoSureSignal

If any Techy person is looking at this I have Deregistered the sure signal in the hope that if I re register it it might start working again.

I'll be back if it doesn't work, only real pain is that I have to wait for so long to see if it does. Al the time the frustration is increasing and Vodafones name is getting worse.

If they can spend that much money supporting formulaone you would think they could make these things more reliable and user friendly.

This is rapidly turning into a serious nightmare.

That's my rant over.

Regards

Hi

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Matt

Hello, Matt

I

I have now Reregistered the SS box on my account it says it is active and registered. I have switched it on following the quick start guide and watched the lights which came on and flashed for about 10 mins then stopped and the only one left is the Red power light.

Here are the results you asked for:-

Speed Test  Download 4.38Mbs  Upload0.37Mbs

Ping test     35ms Jitter 1ms  Line quality B*

Ext IP Address   5.81.198.181

Tracert test

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\User>tracert212.183.133.177
'tracert212.183.133.177' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Documents and Settings\User>tracert 212.183.133.177

Tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  BTHomeHub.home [192.168.1.254]
  2    32 ms    31 ms    31 ms  esr6.kingston4.broadband.bt.net [217.47.46.145]

3    31 ms    32 ms    31 ms  217.47.46.30
  4    33 ms    33 ms    33 ms  213.1.69.134
  5    34 ms    33 ms    33 ms  217.41.168.103
  6    34 ms    33 ms    34 ms  217.41.168.247
  7    34 ms    34 ms    35 ms  217.41.168.109
  8    34 ms    33 ms    35 ms  acc2-10GigE-0-0-0-6.l-far.21cn-ipp.bt.net [109.1
59.249.218]
  9    38 ms    39 ms    39 ms  core2-te0-0-0-17.faraday.ukcore.bt.net [109.159.
249.135]
 10    34 ms    33 ms    88 ms  peer1-xe8-1-1.telehouse.ukcore.bt.net [109.159.2
54.191]
 11    35 ms    35 ms    36 ms  lndgw2.arcor-ip.net [195.66.224.124]
 12    36 ms    35 ms    35 ms  85.205.116.10
 13     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 14     *        *        *     Request timed out.

After 15 it kept going timed out

Sure Signal No. 40112558289

Regards

Deric

Hi there NotsoSureSignal,

Something has to have changed on your IPS's side as the IP address is not on our whitelist.

That suggests the IP has changed if it's been working before.

I've asked for the external IP to be added to the whitelist and we'll update the thread when we've had confirmation it's been added.

Cheers,

LeeH

NotsoSureSignal

Thanks for that Lee,

I am in the middle of a live chat with you firm and they are about to get me to send my unit back to them for repair as they say the box is faulty! what d I do?

Regards

Deric

NotsoSureSignal

Hello Lee,

Have you had any luck with the IP issue? Things are getting very fraught here and vodafone live chat have put me through to the tech team who who will not do anything for me 'because their systems are being updated'. That was at 1245 this afternoon after one and three quarters of an hour trying to get Live chat to do something about all this problem.

I hope I can rely on you to resolve this because at the moment we are feel ing very frustrated about it all.

Regards

Deric

Hi NotsoSureSignal,

The IP white list request will normally take up to 48 hours.

As this was raised today, it should be completed by close of play Friday, although I can’t make any promises.

James

Hi there NotsoSureSignal,

Your IP range has now been added.

Please reset your VSS.

Cheers,

LeeH