Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal Registration

tek_architect
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,

Pease bear with me....I bought a Sure Signal box at the end of Jan 2010 at a cost of £120 and I've never used it.  I decided to set it up yesterday to give myself and others a better signal in my house.  I know what you're thinking - that's 4 years why wait until now.  Signal at my home has got patchier.

Anyway,  long story short is I can't register it and speaking with support they tell me I won't be able to because it's too old and I'll have to buy a new one at a cost of £100.  To be fair the guys I spoke to were very nice and apologetic and did offer me a 25% discount on registration but that kind of misses the point.  I should be able to use this any time and indefinitely as it's an official vodafone product and I have proof of purchase.

I don't wish to pay another £100 or even £75.  Can someone from Vodafone support advise me on any other course of action please?

Many thanks

David

6 REPLIES 6

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi tek_architect 

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

James

Hi James,

Thanks for the response.

It's not a broadband issue.  I have anywhere 5.5 - 7.5Mbps down and nearly 1Mbps up.

I was on the phone to Vodafone customer support yesterday and they told me that because my Sure Signal box was too old and hadn't been registered at all that they could not accept the serial number of the unit and that my only course of action was to buy another unit!

I'm happy to supply the serial number of the unit via private message if required.

Regards

David

Hi David,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We’ll need to check your Sure Signal to see if it can still be used.

Please can you post it to this thread? (Not to worry only ourselves can see the details behind the serial number)

Please also see our Sure Signal Terms and Conditions here, section 3 paragraph 6.

Thanks,

Gemma

Hi Gemma,

Here is the reference number:

I've read your T's & C's - thanks for the link. The ony thing I can say is that no one contacted me by phone or email to say that the unit I had purchased was going to be ceased.  I bought the unit from a Vodafone store and have the orginal receipt etc.

"We’ll try and tell you when we suspend, restrict or end your use, but we won’t be able to if we don’t have your contact details."

Regards

David

Hi tek_architect,

Unfortunately the unit has been suspended which means that it can’t be used anymore.

The only thing we suggest is for you to buy a new Sure Signal.

James

Hi James,

Thanks for the update and all your help & investigation.

Regards

David