Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal Required ASAP

jonathanjames
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am hoping someone from Vodafone can help me as I am now desperate.

I start a new job on Monday 4th March (with an IT Corporate) who use Vodafone exclusively, I will be working from home, there is no mobile signal in my village (not sure why, i live 9 miles from the M3 so you'd think we would have). My previous employers used o2 and i had an o2 boost box that worked fine.

So, I ordered a suresignal online for £100 as soon as I signed my new employment contract (order WEB-0000000685041635 on 08/02/2013). Voda cancelled the order on 20/02/2013 as out of stock. There was no indication when they are back in stock, i got an automated 'your order is cancelled' and i received no phonecall. I rang Vodafone and the advisor told me local shops would have them and i should call local Voda shops.

After finishing the call and searching for your shop tel number i discovered that you don't publish your retail outlets phone numbers online, so after another couple of calls to Vodafone i managed to get Basingstoke, Southampton and Winchester store numbers. I rang each of these stores every day for 3 days running (the shops dont answer the phone - which is absolutely amazing for a telecoms company - but they do have message that request you 'leave a message and number and they will call you back'.... I LEFT A MESSAGE WITH EACH STORE FOR 3 DAYS RUNNING, THEY DON'T CALL YOU BACK).

So I got in my car and I drove 10miles to Basingstoke and the chap in the store told me they have sold out and that i should call Vodafone directly or order online and he has no idea when they will be in an no he cant take my name and number for when they come in. So I drove to 20 miles to Winchester.... again the shop has no stock, also they told me they dont listen to their voicemails, again no idea when they will be in, they couldnt take an order from me but did write my name and number on a scrap of paper...

So guys, I start work on Monday and I have absolutely no idea when Vodafone may have some new stock of the suresignal and unless I drive around the country have no way of finding out if any of your shops have one in stock!. On amazon there is someone selling one for £250!!!! should i buy that?

So come on Vodafone, I need your help here, I am a corporate user, I need a suresignal desperately, i have been given the run around for the last month now, can someone take this issue and help me resolve it? I hope some one in your customer care team can step up and resolve this for me.

regards

Jonathan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi guys

Thankyou both for your quick responses and suggestions.

I am happy to say that the Winchester store came through, they called me and left me a message (I had been in to see them on Monday) as they had one come into stock, I raced down to the shop and I now have a brand new Sure Signal in my hands. Thank you Winchester! Big relief 

I think the ability to contact your stores by phone or email would be a great idea, currently your own store locator doesn't include an email or phone number for each store. And as I highlighted in original post, when I did get store phone numbers from your callcentre, the shops didn't answer or return voicemails. Fixing this would be helpful for your customers - just a suggestion...

Thanks again for your help.

thanks

Jonathan 

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

Nabs
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi Jonathan,

If there is no stock available then there isn't an awful lot Vodafone can do. I'm sure they will be working to get more stock as soon as they can though.

You might want to try a certain online auction site. There is a v2 ending in about 50minutes currently sitting at £59.23 (Sorry can't post links)

Just make sure if purchasing a second hand one that the previous owner has de-registered it before you try using it or you wont be able to get it connected.

Nabs

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi jonathanjames,

Thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear you've been affected by us waiting on new Sure Signals units getting manufactured. These are available in our stores or online only so I'm afraid we don't have access to any here. 

We've no forecast date on the stock at the moment as we're reliant on our suppliers but we will update the store here when they're available so be sure to keep checking. Once they show as available online, we can also email store managers internally on your behalf so let me know which branches I should try when they hit to save you a wasted journey. :Smiling:

In the meantime, why not visit our Faults Board to see if your area is listed for any work? It may be that there usually is signal around your home but we're currently working on a site.

Cheers, Ben

Hi guys

Thankyou both for your quick responses and suggestions.

I am happy to say that the Winchester store came through, they called me and left me a message (I had been in to see them on Monday) as they had one come into stock, I raced down to the shop and I now have a brand new Sure Signal in my hands. Thank you Winchester! Big relief 

I think the ability to contact your stores by phone or email would be a great idea, currently your own store locator doesn't include an email or phone number for each store. And as I highlighted in original post, when I did get store phone numbers from your callcentre, the shops didn't answer or return voicemails. Fixing this would be helpful for your customers - just a suggestion...

Thanks again for your help.

thanks

Jonathan 

We have had very similar experiance over the past three weeks.

Initialy we understood that sure signal was just out of stock in the warehouse for a few days.

After waiting some days it became apparent that there were none available at all anywhere in the UK.

Several calls over the weeks to Vodaphone call centre reveiled that although Vod staff were realy helpfull they too had no idea when stoch would be available. To their credit they called around our local vod shops, but no joy.

Anyway 2 weeks on and stil no one knows what the score is?  Our local Vod shop in Witney has indicated that they are all waiting for the new version sure signal 4 and that our only option was to pre-order on line. We have tried to do this for weeks now and its not an option Vod online provide, it simply states "out of stock".

The previouse post is realy encouraging. Can you do anything to arrange for a new sure signal to be reserved for us too at the Witney shop as soon as possible.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi William-Stone,

Welcome to the forum!

As Ben said above, these are only available in our stores or online so we don't have access to any here. 

Once these are available online again, let us know which stores to email to check for stock and we can arrange this :Smiling:

Thanks,

Jenny 

Hi,

I am having exactly the same issue. Really need a Sure Signal ASAP due to just buying 2 x contracts with Vodafone due to moving house and the Vodafone network map showing good in my area. I have received my new SIM's and have no signal indoors (from where I operate my own business hence need a good signal!).

I would love to speak to my local stores (Also Witney / Oxford) but can not contact them.

Really frustrating!

Hi @LittleLodge

Welcome to the eForum.

As soon as stock becomes available, it’ll be available from our online store.

Cheers,

Laura