Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal Samsung Galaxy S3 Does Not Display 3G

bluemarce305
3: Seeker

Hello All,

I recently joined the eForum and it seems a very busy one!

We have a Sure Signal my wife has a Samsung Galaxy S3 and I have a iPhone 4S. After Vodafone Tech Support reset the router my phone has displayed full bars and 3G yet my wife's phone only an "H".

I've set the phone to only use WCDMA and it won't display 3G.

Any suggestions?

I've also got very poor call quality on both handsets but that's a seperate issue well documented on this forum.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The H stands for HSDPA which is better/faster than 3G (think of it as 3.5G, plenty on Google if you want to know more).

S3 will display an H when it has that connection type, don't think iphone will (though I presume they support HDSPA) 

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

Retired-Matt_Vo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Matt

The H stands for HSDPA which is better/faster than 3G (think of it as 3.5G, plenty on Google if you want to know more).

S3 will display an H when it has that connection type, don't think iphone will (though I presume they support HDSPA) 

bluemarce305
Thanks Slimer for your post. No need to go through the Vodafone problem solving steps now.