Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal Setup

mattjenx
2: Seeker

Hi,

Just bought a Sure Signal for 100 pounds as have no coverage at home.

Its all registered online and plugged into router correctly (Virgin  Media hub).

I plug it in and within in a minute of the setup the Sure Signal goes flashing on the Power light and solid amber on the Service and Users.  Before that the internet is flashing white but then goes out all together, so I'm figuring its got an issue getting internet connectivity?

I've already reviewed other similar posts and tried restarting router and resetting/restarting suresignal but no luck.

Any ideas?  

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)

A quick and easy setting I would check is that VPN Passthrough for IPSEC is enabled

You should be able to find this in the web page for the router, under advanced -> security -> firewall

thanks.... i activated what you said and it went through a much longer sequence but now comes up with a different error.

Red Power Flashing... Internet Solid Amber

then occassionally it will go back to Red Power Solid and Internet white pulsing... retuning again to the above state.

I have also port forwarded ports 8, 50, 123, 500, 4500 as i read from Voda....

Still getting same error though

grolschuk

Without having the setup poster in front of me, I'm not sure what that light combo suggests.

At least it is getting further... maybe something else on the router will need tweaking in the morning.

If you could let us know what the poster thinks both combinations of lights mean, it may help to narrow it down

Hi mattjenx,

The light sequence you keep settling on indicates the Sure Signal is active but with poor quality service. This could suggest issues with your broadband connection.

So we can look into this, we'll need the following information:

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

Your Sure Signal serial number.

The results of a traceroute:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

Dave

SALL535

Please help, my version 1 SS has just died on me, I have bought a version 3 which I have registered and now plugged in. Sadly the power light is flashing red and the user light is a steady orange and i have no other lights on.........................please help.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi SALL535,

Can you take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, and then post back your results if you’re not directed to an existing thread?

Cheers, Ben

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi SALL535,

The lights that you're seeing show that the Sure Signal is having problems connecting to or getting an IP address from your router. Can you check all the cabled connections to make sure they’re secure?

If this doesn’t solve things, we’ll need a little more information from you to be able to offer more help. Can you provide the following information please:-

Your Sure Signal serial number.

Your speed test results from here.
Your ping test results from here.
Your external IP address from here.
The results of a traceroute.

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run
Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok
A black box will appear.
In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter
Paste the output of this command into your reply.

Thanks

Andrew