Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal Still Not Working

TheArchetect
4: Newbie

Done all the tests and resets recommended here. Been speaking to Vodafone techincal for hours and done factory resets, etc but will still not working. Changes ethernet cable and position of box, etc. Test results:

2.39 download

0.36 upload

ping 72m

jitter 3m

external ipa 217.155.200.88

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\MJW>tracert212.183.133.177
'tracert212.183.133.177' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Users\MJW>tracert 212.183.133.177

Tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 914 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.0.1
2 46 ms 46 ms 46 ms losubs.subs.dsl1.wh-man.zen.net.uk [62.3.87.145]

3 46 ms 46 ms 46 ms ge-2-1-0-160.cr1.wh-man.zen.co.uk [62.3.87.161]

4 52 ms 53 ms 53 ms ge-3-0-0-0.cr2.th-lon.zen.net.uk [62.3.80.45]
5 136 ms 80 ms 120 ms ldngw1.arcor-ip.net [195.66.224.209]
6 62 ms 60 ms 54 ms 85.205.116.6
7 * * * Request timed out.
8 * * * Request timed out.
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 *

Has worked well for years and now suddenly stopped. Only getting a one bar signal next to the box. Nothing has changed. So why now? It seems quite a few customers are having the same problem. Vodafone must have changed something? So where do I go from here? Were do vodafone go from here? Do I get a new box? [Vodafone have said the new box has been upgrade to take more users and now requires higher broadband speeds].

Please help.

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

TheArchetect

Looking through the other posts a firmware update sems to have sorted the problem out. Please can you check and see if a firmward update has been done for me? 

Hi TheArchetect,

Can you let me know your Sure Signal serial number so I can check the firmware version?

If you’re running a version 3 Sure Signal, this does require a slightly higher speed if you are using more concurrent calls than before.

Your upload speed is very borderline, so it could drop out if anything else is using the internet at the same time.

James

hi james

i think it is version 1 and it has worked great for over 3 years. the serial no is 21197008481

thanks

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi TheArchetect,

Thanks for the serial number. I can confirm that you've got the latest software update for your Sure Signal.

Which lights are you seeing and does the service return when you have less items connected to your Wi-Fi? 

A repair is one option we could look at, but before you arrange one I'd recommend speaking to your ISP. Ask them if your speeds have dropped recently, and what options you have to improve them if they've degraded and caused the Sure Signal to stop.

Many thanks, Ben

TheArchetect
Hi Ben

Thank you for your replay. The signal does not improve with no other wi fi items on. We have tested the connection speeds with results as above. We have spoken with our isp. The speeds have not changed and up to now sure signal had been working. Speeds can not be increased as we are in a rural location with no mobile signal and low broad band speeds ..the whole and perhaps only reason to stay with vodafone for our business and home use.

So what next? Your assistance is appreciated

Just to keep you updated. We have now purchased a new sure signal box to replace the old one that did not work. As instructed we have pluged it in and waited for the software to download and the connection to work - nothing has happened - it was left on over night and the connecting light is still flashing. No error message is displayed.

One possible thought - do we have to re register when we get a new box?

Hi TheArchetect,

You will need to register the new Sure signal in the same way that you did with the original one.

If you let me know the serial number, I can check the registration for you.

James

Registered. Nothing happened yet. Lets wait and see. serial no:  40134625355

Don't want to speak too soon but it appears to be working!!!!!