Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal Stopped working

flipperuk
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've had a sure signal 1 since January 2010 & it's been working perfectly with my Nokia E7 for nearly 4 years now. For approx two weeks, only lights one, two & four are constantly on - I've done countless resets without success - any suggestions on how I can get my phone, to pick up the 3G signal again in the house?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi flipperuk,

I’ve asked for the latest firmware to be sent out to your Sure Signal.

Please leave the unit switched on and connected over the next 48 hours whilst this is completed.

James

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi flipperuk

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

Thanks

James

Hi,

Thanks for the info, but I'd already been to this section & checked through it.

My Sure Signal serial number is: 21196903054

Thanks

Hi flipperuk,

I’ve checked your serial number and can see that a location change has been detected.

I’ve updated the system to remove the message.

So that the changes are picked up, can you do a factory reset:-

• Hold down the reset button until all the lights show/flash (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the reset button held down, remove both the Ethernet cable and power lead
  • Re-insert the power lead
  • Once all the lights display, release the reset button
  • Re-insert the Ethernet cable.

As part of the process, the latest firmware will be downloaded to your device if it’s needed.

This can take several hours so, during this time, don’t unplug the unit.

Let me know how you go on.

Cheers,

Andy

It's still the same I'm afraid - only lights one, two & four are on & the phone won't connect!

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi flipperuk,

I can see since your last post your Sure Signal made contact with the network at 09:38pm yesterday.

Please can you let me know if this is ok now?

If not please post what light sequence you're now seeing. 

Thanks,

Gemma

Here's an update - I still have only lights one, two & four illuminated - light three (with phone symbol) does not come on & I can't get a full signal in the house! When I'm out & about & in a 3G area, I have no problem picking up a good signal! Thank you

Hi flipperuk,

I’ve asked for the latest firmware to be sent out to your Sure Signal.

Please leave the unit switched on and connected over the next 48 hours whilst this is completed.

James