Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal Technical Network Requirements

VikingIV
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi there,

I've just moved home and I believe the internal wall structure of my house is dropping my voice calls, signal outside full 4G inside varies. I'm interested in the sure signal device, however theres another snag in the fact I don't have fixed phone line broadband, I'm using a wireless internet service (not satalite) 20Mbps Up and Down as it's a symetrical network.

Could someone tell me the technical requirements of the sure signal? All my pervious services function correctly on my internet, Chromecast,  Work VPN, PSN, Skype.

If no one can tell me the technical requirements my best course of action is to buy try and return if it doesn't work?

Best Regards,

Will

4 REPLIES 4

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@VikingIV

I’m afraid you're unable to use a Sure Signal with a wireless internet connection.  The Sure Signal connects to your internet service via you router.

If your local 4g service isn’t strong enough to penetrate your walls, you could disable this service whilst you are at home. This will allow you to connect to the 2g or 3g services.

You can check the strength of our services in your area by using our Coverage checker.

I don't think you've understood my information. The wireless internet is provided by a company using a different kind of internet infrastructure. I have a router its an "air max" and this provides internet access for my whole property, PCs, Laptops, Consoles, both Ethernet wired and 2.4Ghz wireless. This internet isn't provided via a BT phone line.

Is it worth getting a Sure Signal device and attempting to connect it to my home network via Ethernet to the router? I was looking for technical information such as you require a fixed or semi fixed external ip address, or some providers firewalls may interfere with Sure Signal device.

My phone signal is excellent outdoors in the garden etc and the coverage checker shows I should have excellent coverage indoors too. But reality differs.

Cheers,

Will

@VikingIV

There’s no harm in giving it a go.

As long as you have a physical device (i.e. a router) that has Ethernet connectivity, it’ll be worth a try.

We don’t require you to have a static external IP address. We’d just need to know what your current external IP address is, so that we can add that range to our whitelist to allow traffic.

Thanks Wayne,

I'll pick one up from my local Vodafone store this weekend and I'll report back my results.

Cheers,

Will