cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal Unable to Connect to Router(s)

mikec1
2: Seeker

Hi

I am getting extremely frustrated trying to get my Sure Signal V3 to work.

It is constantly coming up with 'unable to connect to router' error. It is not even appearing on my network as a mac address that can be assigned an ip address. As far as my router(s) are concerned it does not exist.

I am on Virgin Media. I have of course tried different LAN cables/ports, power cycling the router/SS, resetting the SS and a factory reset. I have even bought another router (ASUS RT-AC68U AC1900 Dual Band Gigabit Cable Router) and it does not appear on the network with that router either (with the Virgin Super Hub in modem mode). When I plug the SS direct into my PC it does not appear there either (should it?).

My SS is registered as active on my account:

Serial number 42141217408

Registered on 23/06/2016

On the Virgin Super Hub I have also tried all the port forwarding etc. that has been suggested elsewhere, but that did not work, and was a bit pointless anyway as the SS does not even appear on the network so I can’t give it a static ip address.

I have previously (2 years ago) carried out all the ping tests etc which all came back fine. But I don’t see how that matters yet, as my SS is not even talking to my router, let alone the outside world.

This is sold as plug-and-play, but clearly it is not. My wife is about to leave Vodafone as it is so frustrating not having decent signal at our house. Is my SS faulty? Well, I haven’t yet even been able to use it yet so please send me a new one in that case. Is this a problem with SS compatibility with BOTH routers and/or Virgin Media, then this has been miss-sold ([Please note that Sure Signal works with the vast majority of broadband providers and routers, but not all are compatible.] – I would include Virgin Media as part of ‘the vast majority of broadband providers), in which cast I want my money back and you will be losing a Vodafone customer.

Hopefully there is a simple solution to get this working.

Thanks in advance

Mike

2 REPLIES 2

mikec1

Hi

Is anyone at Vodafone able to help me with this?

Or, possibly better, has anyone else had similar issues and managed to resolve them? If so – how?!

Thanks

Mike

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@mikec1 Is it possible to try the Sure Signal at a different location, so we're able to determine if there's a fault with your device? 

If you're able to test the Sure Signal in a location and it succesfully connects, you'll need to take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, and then post back your results.