Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal V1 - Problems

Bigplumbs
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello. Like many others here I am at my witts end !

I have been a Vodafone customer for over 20 years now and have 3 vodafone mobiles in my home. For over 6 years I have had a Sure Signal V1 and it has generally worked very well. About 10 days ago it stopped working correctly and yesterday I decided to try and fix it. I spent over 5 hours on the phone to Vodafone (once on hold for 80 mins) spoke to over 5 people and still it is not fixed. Here is what I have:

Light 1 on solid (initially on its own)

Light 2 flashes and eventually goes solid

Light 4 flashes but never goes solid

Light 3 does nothing

Then after a while the cycle starts again.

As instructed by VFI did a reset yesterday.

Basically without this Sure Signal I have no vodafone coverage in my home. For years it worked very well and I have not changed anything in my internet setup over the period that it stopped working. I think somthing must be wrong at the vodafone end.

After 5 hours on the phone yesterday I was totally frustrated and quite frankly do not wish to repeat that experience.

Can some tech person from Vodafone please help me

Regards

Dennis

6 REPLIES 6

cineriv
16: Advanced member

Hi Dennis,

Your problem is your power supply lead which has degraded over the years.

Replacements can be obtained from Amazon or Ebay and cost aroun £10 - 12 inc. delivery.

But firstly, have a look around for a suitable unit with a 12 Volt output @ around 1.5Amp capacity that you could 'borrow' to prove the fault. Suitable units can be found on external hard drives, monitors, printers, routers etc.etc.

Regards,

Mike.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Also good advice by @cineriv

From member cineriv "But firstly, have a look around for a suitable unit with a 12 Volt output @ around 1.5Amp capacity that you could 'borrow' to prove the fault. Suitable units can be found on external hard drives, monitors, printers, routers etc.etc."

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Mike

Many thanks for this information. I am the sort of person who keeps most old things and have a lot of old electrical items. I have been searching my house for a power supply and have found loads but not the one I need ie 12 v 1.5 amp centre positive 2.5 mm dia centre.

I have however found a genunine new Sure Signal V1 power supply on Amazon and the reviews talk about the very problem you dscribe. I have therefore spent £10 and will await its arrival. If it does work I will be very greatful to you.

It is just a shame the tech guys at vodafone dont tell you about this as it could stop a lot of stress and time wasted

Regards

Dennis

cineriv

Hi Dennis,

In your case I don't think the fault needs to be proved by a substitution ....... Your precise details of the symptoms left it in no doubt of what your problem is, :smileywink:

Just for your information, some of sellers of the power supplies indicate that they rated at 1.5 Amp, but a 2Amp unit arrives instead, that is fine as well, in fact I prefer the 2amp version myself as it gives just that bit extra headroom.

Regards,

Mike.

When I think back about the time the SS stopped working properly I was doing some decorating and I switched all the power of in the house. Later I switched it on again. If the power adapter was on the brink so to speak this might have been enough to push it over the top

Lets hope when my new adapter arrives it works

Dennis

All I can say is thank you very much indeed. My new power supply arrived today so I plugged it in. After about 5 mins of various flashing lights Light 1,2 and 4 went solid. I switched all our phones on and off again and after about 3 hours They have all connect with full 5 bars 3G, I just wish the VF Sure Signal Tech team were aware of this.

If I had not posted here and got the help I did I am sure I would never have guessed that the power supply was faulty and would have had many days of frustration and issues.

The interesting thing is that I had thought about buying a second had SS. I know if I had have done this I would have used my old power supplay as it is plugged in and seemed to work and wouild not have been bothered to putt it all out. That would have sent me up another blind ally.

Thanks again for the excellent help I got here and shame on VF for not telling me this in the 5 hours plus I was on the phone to them

Nice to have my phones back

Dennis