Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal V1 Stopped Working

MonkeyDucky
2: Seeker

Hi,

After a long period of not using our V1 sure signal (over a year) due to frequent issues where the device would work for a day or two, and then actually block signal (no service) rather then enhance it, we decided to give it another try when we got new iphone 5S's and the reception in our house seemed to be worse than it was with our out-going 4S's.

I wasn't sure if it would work ok after such a long period of inactivity, but was surprised that after a 30 mins or so, both my wife's and my own phone had a full strength signal.  Thought all was fine.

However, after two days or so, had the same issue that we previously had whereby we would look at our phones and both have no service.  Went back to the routine I had used previously of just unplugging the sure signal and then plugging in again.  After 10 mins or so, usually the signal would come back, until the next time we would have to repeat the exercise.  But this time, seems nothing works to re-connect.

Have tried the reset operation a few times now (hold down reset button until all lights flash once, remove power cable, re-connect power cable after 5 secs with the button still held down, wait for all lights to flash again, then finally release the reset button).  Still no success.

Wondered if the device had been de-registered and needed re-registering, but not sure if that is the issue if the device worked again for us recently for a week or so after such a long period of inactivity.

Really appreciate some help to resolve as the no service status in our home is driving us mad.

Serial #:  21231094596

Many thanks.

Matt

3 REPLIES 3

MonkeyDucky
All I have now is a solid power light and a slow-flashing @ light.

helpp! my sure signal has stopped working. i have a power light and a blinking light, i have replaced the ehternet cable to a higer quality (CAT7E) unplugged all my devices from switches and hubs, factory reset, reset, ive tryed evry troubleshooting ottion i think it just needs re synced, serial number is- 21197067628

Hi,

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks,

Kay