Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal V1 Unresponsive

Jomider
4: Newbie

My Sure Signal V1 has been on the shelf for a while (brief interlude with another provider) and I have re-registered it today.

S/N 21197101443

When I plugged it in this morning, the various lights (1,2,and 4) all came on obediently but then they all went off after 10 mins or so.

I unplugged and reset etc, and then all 4 lights came on (not exactly solid, but not exactly flashing normally either - say about 20-30 Hz?) the box will not repond to resetting.

It does have a new 12V 1.5A power supply from Maplin - other than that all is normal.

Any suggestions what is going on please? - I don't really want to junk it unless I have to.

6 REPLIES 6

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Jomider,

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.
Your ping test results from here.
Your external IP address from here.
The results of a traceroute.
Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run
Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok
A black box will appear.
In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter
Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Andy

Jomider
4: Newbie
Thanks Andy, S/N 21197101443 Speed test results: Download: 34.6Mb Upload: 7.2Mb Line Quality B* Ping 40ms Jitter 5ms Unable to test packet loss Server: Dublin IP Address: 86.156.53.247 IPV6 Address: ::ffff:569c:35f7 Traceroute attached as a screenshot file All the best Jonathan

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jomider,

Thanks for getting back to us.

If all of the lights go off including the power light, this could be down to the power adapter or a faulty Sure Signal.

Please can you also let us know how long the Sure Signal was out of use for?

Thanks,

Gemma

Hi Gemma thanks very much.

I would guess it was offline for a couple of years.while I was with O2

The problem is that I have a monthly contract and the phone is virtually unusable 80% of the time as I work mainly from home.

When I connect it up all the lights come on and flicker vey fast at the same time. The box is unresponsive to resets..

All the best

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jomider,

Thanks for getting back to us.

If you’re also seeing the power light flashing at the same time, this will be a faulty Sure Signal.

We do have the option for you to send it away for a chargeable repair of £65.

Thanks,

Gemma

Thanks Gemma,  I may go for a new one if it's still "on the blink"

thanks for your help

All the best