Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal V1 not working after powercut

Anneyc
4: Newbie

We had a brief powercut about 4 nights ago after which the suresignal stoppped working- just the power light on. Tried reseting in several times, followed the troubleshooter etc. (Internet is still working) Now the top 3 lights flash in a repeated pattern. Tried rebooting router, no effect. There is a green solid light and an orange flashing light on the back of it, where the ethernet cable is plugged in.

Rang vodafone, they weren't able to provide any help and said to ring our service provider. Rang them, (Plusnet) they weren't able to help either as don't know anything about sure signals, suggested trawling the forums for help, so here I am!

Have looked at port forwarding but all seems very complicated to my non techy mind- anyway  it was all running smoothly until the powercut. I don't know if it's relevent but we bought a new router just over a week ago (Netgear N600), but the sure signal had bee running ok with it, until the power cut. Any help appreciated!

24 REPLIES 24

Phil
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Anneyc, 

We have a couple more things for you to try: 

• Manually configure your router to allow port forwarding from the guide here.
  • Check your MTU settings are correct. 

If this doesn't resolve it, you'll need to contact your ISP.  

Thanks, 

Phil

Have opened up ports manually now (although a guy from netgear had already talked ne through putting the ip address for the SS into a reserved address and then opend all the ports for it, DMZ, NAT Filtering opened etc. Have changed MTU from 1458 tp 1500. Rebooted both router and SS, still no connection.

I was unable to assign ports 53 and 68 as they were already in use by 'DNS' and 'Bootp_client' respectively. Any ideas on whether there is a work around for this? or port sharing? Thanks

Also, have been in touch with ISP several times already, and aside from uncapping our broadband to get better upload speeds, they say there's nothing they can do. What is it you suggest I ask them to do?

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Anneyc,

As the Sure Signal is shown to be working at other locations, it would point to an issue with your internet setup. This is why we recommend you speak to your ISP.

We're unable to offer support on third party equipment like your router like they can.

Thanks,

Ben

And likewise, they say they cannot offer support on 3rd party devices like the Sure Signal.