Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal V2 Not Working

alexjonesgb
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Vodafone have re - enabled the sure signal, I have opened all nessessary ports in the port forwarding setting on my BT Home Hub 5 router and replaced the ethernet cable, still no joy, the power light is on and the two other blue lights just flash on and off together, it been like this for three days now, Can someone suggest anything Help!!

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hello @alexjonesgb

It may also be worth trying a different power supply with the SureSignal (Version 1 & 2 ), as there have been some reports of replacement power supplies solving the issues.

Even if lights / power are showing.

These are available on eBay for around £10.

From member cineriv "But firstly, have a look around for a suitable unit with a 12 Volt output @ around 1.5Amp capacity that you could 'borrow' to prove the fault. Suitable units can be found on external hard drives, monitors, printers, routers etc.etc."

Help Links ->

My-sure-signal-has-stopped-working-what-should-I-do.

Look at option 'Issue Not Listed and RePost your Trace.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Retired-Charles
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@alexjonesgb - Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

• Your speed test results from here.

• Your ping test results from here.

• Your external IP address from here.

• The results of a traceroute.

• Your Sure Signal serial number: 

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

1. Click on Start and select Run

2. Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

3. A black box will appear.

4. In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

5. Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Hi, Please see my results below - 

speed test  - 11.81mbps download 4.27mbps upload

Ping Test - Line quality C - Packet loss not able to test, Ping 82ms, Jitter 30ms

IP Address - 86.182.45.52

Ping or Trace route to 212.183.133.177 not working. No responce after hub.

VSS Serial Number - 40121436972

I hope that is everything you need, many thanks for your help

Cheers

@alexjonesgb - I've sent a resync request to your Sure Signal. If this does not sort out the issue, please let us know.

It's also worth trying the new power supply method as bandofbrothers mentioned, as this often sorts out the issue.

Hi,

I've changed the power supply a few days ago and still no joy.  After reading other posts on here is seems the VSS V2 doesn't seem to be compatibile with the BT Home Hub 5 so i will need to try and get my hands on a V3 and try that

Many Thanks for your help.