Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal - V2 - Steady power and signal but no 3G

johnnysailorboy
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
sure signal v2 not working. have established a dmv around the device on my router so no issues with internet access / firewall. have a steady INTERNET light but no PHONE light. already wasted 20m on phone to customer service so thought id try here!
8 REPLIES 8

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@johnnysailorboy

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results.

Your ping test results.

Your external IP address.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

DaveCD

RE SURE SIGNAL box serial: 4011 044 8327

I have now had 3 conversations with customer services and still cannot get this sorted. I have managed to access internet thru the SS box (no issues with router) and have 1 of the 2 phones registered here now connected to SS box. However, following conversation this morning with customer services, was told that box would re-synch and when i do a hard reset on my i-phone it would all work.....but it has not. So i am still sitting in a no-signal spot with NO SERVICE and paying £40 per month for the priviledge.

Hello 

i have been having the same issue since yesterday, and when i go into my account it looks like my box is not longer registered, and if i try to do it gave me an error. Any suggestion???

Thanks 

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @johnnysailorboy & @bmoretti 

Please provide the results of the steps Dave has provided above. This will allow us to help you both further.

Thanks,

Sukhi 

There is nothing wrong with my internet connection. I have already provided all if this information to Customer Services by email - and no response from them. I have also called again, and was told that my SS was being reset as they had not factored in my new phone. I then get a very peculiar email regarding someone else having control of my SSS box, that I sent back to Customer Services (strange name for a group that has no idea of how to service customers) and again NO REPLY. 

Once again I have a SS box with full internet access. I have 2 mobile phones in the house. One works with the SS box *an iphone 5) and this gets 5xbars when connecting (although the signal quality is very poor) and the other (an iphone6) gets absolutely nothing. 4G is turned off and this phone has been hard-reset a number of times.

@johnnysailorboy 

If one phone is connecting without issues, then there's no problem with the Sure Signal.

It sounds as though you just need to re-establish connection and to do this, deregister the Sure Signal, and reregister it. 

Once this has been done, reset your phone whilst in range of the Sure Signal so it picks up your SIM.

If your still having difficulties, post the information requested as well as what lights you're seeing at the time.

DaveCD

Your idea sounds good, but unfortunately, impossible to implement. Once I 'deregistered' it was not possible to REGISTER as I get message 

"Sorry we are not able to process your request because of following errors in your form.

• Sorry, The serial number you are trying to register is already registered. Please recheck your serial number and try again"

So I'm still stuck with NO SIGNAL and paying £40/m for the priviledge!

Hi @johnnysailorboy,

So that we can look into this further, take a look at your private message folder for how to get in touch.

Thanks,

Matt