Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal V2 has stopped working after computer update

LeeMcDe
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Good Evening,

Yesterday I brought a Sure Signal Box V2 as I receive no Vodafone signal within my basement flat at all. I plugged in the Sure Signal box yesterday and after going through the configuring process it worked a charm providing me with a full 5 bar signal within every room in my flat. Sadly my joy was not to last as after my computer performed a system upgrade today my phone has gone back to having no signal at all. The Sure Signal box is connected and the system light is on (no lights flashing) suggesting everything is fine yet no signal. Please can someone help as I do not see how it worked fine all yesterday and this morning and then the next minute nothing. Please Help

2 REPLIES 2

Retired-Matt_Vo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Matt

allegoricus
13: Advanced Member

Hello Lee,

Superficially that makes no sense, as changes to your computer shouldn't affect the Sure Signal (VSS).

Can you provide some information about your configuration? What's usual is for your connection to the Internet to be via a router (WiFi?) and for the Sure Signal to connect via cable into an Ehthernet port on the router. Does this apply in your case? Does the VSS show in your router's list as having been assigned an IP address?

Have you tried doing a hard reset of the VSS?

Please report back in this same message thread.

Best regards,

Peter