cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal V2 has suddenly stopped working.

ysahota62
2: Seeker

As of this morning, our only Vodafone Sure Signal has stopped working. All three lights, the red and two white have been constantly flashing all day.

We've had it for 2 years and it has worked fantastically up until now.  I am wondering whether it is happening to more people as a lot of the threads I have seen have been posted within the last two days. 

I have reset it twice, turned off our Virgin router and it hasn't improved in any way. 

The red light and the first white light had remained solid for about 5 minutes, but there was no signal coming to our phones at all.

Any help would be splendid or reassurance that it isn't just happening to us at the moment?

Serial number: 40122907468

37 REPLIES 37

Well well well - miracles do happen !!

Having posted my stats earlier today in a different thread, my Sure Signal 2 started working again at 14.30 hours and is still 'live'.

I did however change the ethernet cable to better quality one and connect this to a different port in my BT router - did this make the difference - I don't know.

I did reset it, deregister it and 'talk to it very nicely' !

Will keep you informed, peeps - good luck with your's !

Oh - and it has stopped raining !

:smileyvery-happy:

Update - Saturday - it rained heavily last night and the Sure Signal 2 disconnected itself !!

Oh Oh I thought as I watched it re-connect within 5 minutes ....

And it stayed connected and is still connected today .... so don't despair miracles do happen !!!

Good luck 'Sure Signal' guys n gals - don't give up !

:smileyvery-happy:

HelenOtterburn
Is anyone else still having problems with the sure signal v2? I'm tearing my hair out. It's been down since last Saturday and I've been on the phone to the tech team every day since!!! Last night they told me to call this morning which I did and requested a callback within a maximum of 10 minutes. Half an hour later and still no call back. I've lost it with Vodafone and myself and several friends are thinking of leaving

Hi @SidMartin

Looking at the information you’ve provided I can see that the Sure Signal is reading as ‘inactive’ the last time this was active on the network was 2 May 2012.

Due to the disconnection of this device over the period of 12 months we’ll be unable to reconnect the Sure Signal.

You can buy a new Sure Signal here.

Cheers,

Hi @HelenOtterburn

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Laura

Can you explain why you are unable to reactivate?

I went down the second hand route following advice from Vodafone telephone support.  There was no mention of any need to ensure the device had not been off the network for any length of time.

My Vodafone contracts are costing me £70 per month, I already spent £55 on the 2nd hand sure signal, and now you expect me to buy another one at £100?

I have been a custimer for over 10 years, and renewed for a further 2 years 6 months ago, but am now unable to make calls when at home.  Surely you can do more for me than this?

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @SidMartin ,

If the Sure Signal is unused for a prolonged amount of time, we lose the licence for it. Each Sure Signal requires a licence for us to allow it access to the network.

We've no way of reactivating expired licences.

We only ever recommend purchases of the latest products. Please let me know how and when you were advised to buy a second hand Sure Signal via a third party.

More details about keeping the Sure Signal connected to avoid licence expiry can be found in Section 3 the Ts&Cs.

Thanks,

Ben

"If the Sure Signal is unused for a prolonged amount of time, we lose the licence for it. Each Sure Signal requires a licence for us to allow it access to the network."

Sounds like complete and utter nonsense to me.  Lose the license to who? Its a "Vodafone" product.  Who else could have the license?

"We only ever recommend purchases of the latest products. Please let me know how and when you were advised to buy a second hand Sure Signal via a third party."

On the 191 telephone support number, around the begining of September.

"More details about keeping the Sure Signal connected to avoid licence expiry can be found in Section 3 the Ts&Cs"

Do you even realise how useless "keeping the Sure Signal connected" information is to me?  I have never managed to get it connected.  Despite 7 or 8 attempts, when I have been told to give it 24 hours, only to be deactivated frrom your end after 12 hours or less.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @SidMartin

You’ll need to speak with the person you purchased it from.

Thanks,

Gemma