cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal V2 has suddenly stopped working.

ysahota62
2: Seeker

As of this morning, our only Vodafone Sure Signal has stopped working. All three lights, the red and two white have been constantly flashing all day.

We've had it for 2 years and it has worked fantastically up until now.  I am wondering whether it is happening to more people as a lot of the threads I have seen have been posted within the last two days. 

I have reset it twice, turned off our Virgin router and it hasn't improved in any way. 

The red light and the first white light had remained solid for about 5 minutes, but there was no signal coming to our phones at all.

Any help would be splendid or reassurance that it isn't just happening to us at the moment?

Serial number: 40122907468

37 REPLIES 37

Same here as of 25 October 2014. Contacted Vodafone by phone which is never really that helpful and eventually after advising the call centre assistant that most SureSignal users are well used to carrying out all of the soft and hard resets, she went away and came back and admitted there did seem to be some sort of network problem and expected it to be back up later today. However, I notice that the two white lights now go off every now and then, leaving a solid internet light but the phone wont connect and then the light goes off until the next round of attempts to fix things. I can only presume that someone is trying to resolve this!

Phew not just mine then I live out in the sticks V2 stopped working 48hrs ago. Tried all the usual fixes to no avail. :smileysad:

I'm out in the sticks in Cumbria too and really need the sure signal

Same here ...went of yesterday. Doubt it will be up and running anytime soon, may as well turn it off till tuesday.

This is a strange one ?

Has anyone noticed jusy how 'quiet' the MODS are on this post ?

C'mon Voda, you need to get this one sorted ASAP

#unhappycustomers

Chapmanlj
3: Seeker
I'm in Leicestershire and have same problem. Spoke to voda 3 times now. All the usual resets etc. One lady called Sarah was very helpful, even remotely access pc (with my permission) and checked the comms between signal box and router. Check line speeds too. Confirmed I had done the reset correctly, which I had. But after waiting till this morning it was still not working. Another call to support and was told it would kick back in this afternoon. That didn't happen. My latest conversation with them end with ne being told there was a 24hr planned outage which was 5hrs old so would be up and running in 19 hrs. 😞

Add my SS v2 box to the list of unusable boxes. Mine conked out in the early hours of Saturday morning. I have been in contact with Tech Support twice this weekend and on both occasions I was advised to reset. I was also told that there was a problem with 'my internet provider'. When I told my neighbour, who has the same box, he mentioned that his is down as well and he's with a different Internet provider, so I think that I was told a porkie pie by Tech Support.

Would anybody know if we have grounds to terminate our contracts and walk away?

HelenOtterburn
I'm having exactly the same problem. Mine stopped working suddenly yesterday and I've done the reset but to no avail. So frustrating when you rely on your phone for work. I even went into the store today to see if I could buy a new one but none in stock!

shazflower

hi guys ,  mine to has stopped working as of sat , i depend on mine as no signal whatsoever without it. I have two jobs both depend on me being contacted , i done all i can think of to sort it, can anyone shed any light on whats happening with them being of ???, very frustrating  to say the least ! shaz

Tracygo
Mine stopped working yesterday afternoon. Carried out all the required resets and still no luck. Contacted vodafone tech team...what a waste of time, they know about the problem and are trying to resolve the issue. Clearly not top priority as it is still not working. No phone signal all weekend and I need my phone to work from home tomorrow. Massive company like this, they should be able to fix within a few hours not days!!!