Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal V2 not transmitting a 3G signal

XT-fan
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I have been using a VSS v2 for 3 years now without a hitch until this week.  I am getting no phone conection or signal through the VSS.  As I live in a weak signal area I am heavily reliant on it.

I've read through the troubleshooting guides here, reset my router and reset the VSS.  The power light comes on and the two service lights flash for a few minutes.  Once it settles the first service light remains on solid, but the light for the mobile 3G remains off.  I have repeated this several times and still get the same end result.

Can anyone help, as otherwise I have to walk to end of my garden to get a mobile signal??

VSS v2 serial No:  40120914615

VSS IP assigned via DHCP with port forwarding

IP Address:  86.178.215.19

Ping Test:  Ping - 31ms / Jitter - 4ms

Speed Test:

Ping:  26ms

Download: 12.89Mbps

Upload:  5.88Mbps

Tracert.jpg

1 REPLY 1

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@XT-fan

I've checked through all the information you've provided and can't see anything that would be causing these issues. 

Please try connecting your Sure Signal in another location, such as a friend or family member's house. You’ll need to leave it connected for at least 24 hours.

We'll then be able to determine if the problems are specific to your location and router or with the Sure Signal itself.

It's also worth trying another Ethernet cable so we can rule out the connection as the problem.