Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal V2 stopped working

AllMacs11
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I returned from 3months abroad on 14th Feb '17. All connections were switched off whilst away. I switched systems ON on 14th Feb but Sure Slignal not functioning .... showing continuously flashing lights (2). Vodafone advised yesterday to depress and hold Reset button for 30 secs and release, then allow 7 hours for reset. This morning no change in situation. My Online account shows system 'Active'. I'm on fibre optic service with Download 70 Mbs, Upload 20 Mbs.  Any advice on nexts steps to reconnect? Thank you

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

After 3 months of non usage Vodafone can place a bar on the SS which needs removing by customer service. 

It may also be worth trying a different power supply with the SureSignal (Version 1 & 2 ), as there have been some reports of replacement power supplies solving the issues. Even if lights / power are showing. They are available on eBay for around £10. From member cineriv "But firstly, have a look around for a suitable unit with a 12 Volt output @ around 1.5Amp capacity that you could 'borrow' to prove the fault. Suitable units can be found on external hard drives, monitors, printers, routers etc.etc."

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you for your suggestions. Vodafone (Chat Line) tell me that the Sure Signal is working OK (still flashing lights after a number of resets!). I lost my UK mobile phone SIM in November whilst abroad, but didn't need a replacement SIM until I returned to the UK.  On Monday 13th I visited Vodafone Dundee Shop to get new SIM & old number transferred and activated. Advisor assured me it would be activated within a few hours but  ....no, nothing.I've been in touch with Vodafone on Tues, and Wed. Yesterday, their Chat advisor told me that the Sure Signal wasnt working because of the change of SIM and that there was a 'Block' on the number which he would remove (the advisor in Dundee told me exactly the same thing on Monday!). My wife's phone is also out of action because we live in a rural area where we rely on the Sure Signal booster to provide a signal. So far Vodafone 'Help' services have not been of any help whatsoever!

BandOfBrothers

When a Sim Swap has been processed its suggested to de Register that mobile number away from the Sure Signal for 24 hours. 

Then after that timeframe has elapsed re Register the number and soft boot the phone by turning it Off and On. 

Current Phone  >

Thank you for your speedy response. I will apply your suggestion after my replacement SIM is activated, I'm still waiting for this to happen. I don't know what the problem is, the Vodafone Dundee Shop processed the transaction at 12.30 Monday morning, despite my three follow up contacts with Vodafone, it has not yet been activated! I have no confidence in the Vodafone 'Help' services but I guess I need to have another attempt to get things moving, meantime I'm paying for a service that I'm not receiving.

Thanks again.    

BandOfBrothers

A Sim Swap process is usually completed in 5-10 minutes but on occasion can take up to 24 hours. 

The service usually stops on any previous SIM card first and then turning the phone Off and On with the new SIM card inserted helps the process of connection to the network. 

Current Phone  >

Simples! But that's not the way Vodafone works...... the right hand doesn't appear to know what the left is doing. This week I have literally spent 7 or 8 hours discussing the problem with 3 Vodafone Chatline advisors on Tues, Wed, and this afternoon,  all asking the same questions and not one of them sorting the problem for me. On checking my emails inbox this evening, there's an email from Vodafone Care Team timed at 15.32 this afternoon, thanking me for notifying them about my stolen device and advising me that they had applied a total block on my mobile number!!! I despair!  I mislaid my SIM that's all, I never at any time advised a stolen phone! That said i once more contacted Vodafone this evening and for once their advisor 'James" seemed to have a grasp of what needs to be done..... but I must wait yet another 24 hours for the SIM to be activated. I'm not holding my breath. Thanks again for your suggestion.

AnnS

Hi @AllMacs11

If you asked the Vodafone store for a replacement SIM, although they would have activated the SIM in store, there would still be a lost restriction on the SIM.

When you called Vodafone, they should have realised this and removed the restriction to enable your replacement SIM to be activated.

It may be worth having a further live chat and ask them to remove the SIM block from your account.  Hopefully, this will enable your replacement SIM to be activated and you will be able to start using the service again.

A further problem will be with you unable to use the Sure Signal at your home, you need to be in an area with reception to enable the SIM to be activated.

Hope you get it sorted.  It's always the easy things which seem complicated.

Yes, that's basically what has been happening. Thank you for your support.

Becca_P
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@AllMacs11

Sorry to hear your Sure Signal isn't currently working.

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

• Your speed test results fromhere.
  • Your ping test results fromhere.
  • Your external IP address fromhere.
  • The results of a traceroute.
  • Your Sure Signal serial number: 

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

1. Click on Start and select Run
  2. Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok
  3. A black box will appear.
  4. In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter
  5. Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.