Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal V3 Connection Problems

rpoulton
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I have 2 Sure Signals at my office (1 upstairs and 1 downstairs).On the downstairs sure signal I have 5 registered users (including myself as owner) and on the upstairs one I have 6 users (again including myself). We have found that recently, the users phones rarely make or receive calls via the sure signals resulting in poor quality or missed calls. Both sure signals sit at idle with the red light and the first 2 white lights illuminated, but when a call is made or received the 3rd white light is not illuminating. Also, when at idle, the phone signals are showing poor signals. Please help as this is affecting my business.
3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

I have seen past posts where a person has toggled off 4g in their phones to force 3g which is what the SS pushes out which can help. 

Vodafone also have a Troubleshooting Thread Here.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks!,  Just tried turning off 4g on my phone and it now connects.  

There must be a fix for this though as turning off 4g on every phone when at the office seems like a strange thing to need to do to get a signal.  Also my phone connects to my sure signal V3 at home wiothout having to turn off 4g.

Richard

BandOfBrothers

You're welcome. 

My thoughts are that a phone will try to connect to the best signal other thinks is available at the time where you are. So if it's detecting any form of 4g then it'll try that first and hang on for dear life !

Hence the suggestion to turn off 4g takes that out of the equation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.