Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal V3 - Flashing Red Light, two solid Orange lights

Aaron77
2: Seeker

Hello

Installed Sure Signal yesterday all working fine.

The setup up is .. SureSignal connected to a Netgear Switch -> Connected to Apple Base Station ----> Connected to Virgin Media Modem (DHCP, Wireless Functioality disabled) VM box acting purely as a Modem only)

DHCP managed by Apple Base Station

Today Virgin Media modem, Apple Base Station  had to be powered off and now. On the Sure Signal box I have a flashing red light and two solid Orange lights ..tried pressing the reset button but makes no difference ..

Here's the log:

Tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177] over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     1 ms     1 ms     1 ms  10.0.1.1

2   217 ms    21 ms     7 ms  10.95.52.1

3    11 ms    31 ms     9 ms  haye-core-1b-ge224.network.virginmedia.net [80.3.177.245]  

4    11 ms    27 ms    11 ms  haye-core-2b-ae3-0.network.virginmedia.net [212.43.163.121]  

5    12 ms    13 ms    12 ms  brhm-bb-1c-ae11-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.253.174.185]  

6    18 ms    18 ms    15 ms  nrth-bb-1c-ae10-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.253.174.146]  

7    13 ms    27 ms    15 ms  nrth-bb-1b-ae11-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.253.174.109]  

8    17 ms    63 ms   180 ms  tele-ic-4-ae0-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.253.174.18]  

9   162 ms    20 ms    26 ms  LDNGW1.arcor-ip.net [195.66.224.209]  

10   184 ms    18 ms    44 ms  85.205.116.10  

11     *        *        *     Request timed out.  

Any help/advice appreciated

Thanks

Aaron

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there Aaron77,

This should only be an issue if the external IP changes and it's not on our whitelist.

Cheers,

LeeH

View solution in original position

17 REPLIES 17

Aaron77
Fixed it ... Only thing I'm not sure of is whether to give the Sure Signal box a static IP address ...

Phil
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Aaron77,

A static IP isn't usually needed for a personal Sure Signal setup but would be more recommended for a business. 

If you're all up and running then I wouldn't really recommend doing this at this stage.

Thanks,

Phil

Phil,

Thanks for the reply ... Just one further question, if the internal IP address of the Sure Signal box changes will I have problems?  Will I have to call support to do a re sync??

regards

Aaron

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there Aaron77,

This should only be an issue if the external IP changes and it's not on our whitelist.

Cheers,

LeeH

AliceRClark
4: Newbie

I received one of these today (replacement for V2 not working), and have the same symtoms you do.
The seriously daft thing it says in the guide is that orange service light means its getting interference from WiFi. 
Difficult to see how it is going to avoid this being that it's attached to a router?

Presumably the software upgrade mentioned today that is being done over the next 6 weeks, is to fix the problems we are all having (although of course no-one has yet admitted there are any). But not sure how this is going to work if our units are not connected.

Hello

I don't have mine connected directly to my virgin media modem ... My Sure Box is in another room connected to a Netgear switch which is cabled into an Apple Base Station which in turn is connected to the Virgin Modem. My Sure Signal box as an internal 10.1 address ...

It did take an age for it connect .. And I pressed reset a few times then left it and it sorted itself out in about an hour ....

Hi AliceRClark,

We’re obviously unable to see your set up, but do the router and Sure Signal share a wall socket? If so, do you have the availability to use another socket for the router (Ethernet cable length permitting)? In an ideal situation, there should be at least a metre distance between router and Sure Signal.

Hi Aaron77,

Thanks for your input, it’s great to hear your Sure Signal is now fully functional. You know where we are if you need any further assistance.

Thanks

Andrew

The SS and Router didn't share a wall socket, but were fairly close (I have to say this sounds like yet another wild goose chase, as it used to work fine when it sat on top of the router). However I have wasted my time yet again and moved it to a network point 4 metres away. And guess what - no change still those two amber lights. 

Interference from WiFi sounds like a contradiction in terms for any modern office, as they will have WiFi boosters throughout to ensure a good signal. So this looks like another 'lemon'.

I gather you are doing a software upgrade. I imagine it is to fix some of these problems. But how do you fix the ones that won't connect. Seems a little odd....

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi AliceRClark,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Please provide us with your serial number and we’ll check this further.

Thanks,

Jenny