cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal V3: Flashing Red light Power, Stable Orange User light and phone light no internet light

rahopkins72
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Trying to set up a Sure signal V3 and the lights are as stated above.

Serial = 40132101557

External IP = 185.4.164.218

Download = 17.38Mbps

Upload = 16.98Mbps

Ping = 15ms

Jitter = 3ms

traceroute

Tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     2 ms     1 ms     1 ms  185.4.164.217
  2     2 ms     2 ms     1 ms  185.4.164.4
  3    14 ms    11 ms    12 ms  185.4.164.3
  4    13 ms    10 ms    10 ms  185.4.164.2
  5    11 ms    11 ms    11 ms  109.71.168.1
  6    74 ms     9 ms     9 ms  ge-5-2-3.edge3.london2.level3.net [212.187.201.7
7]
  7    10 ms    10 ms    10 ms  ae-0-11.edge4.london2.level3.net [4.69.200.126]

8    12 ms    12 ms    12 ms  ae-3-3.ebr1.london1.level3.net [4.69.141.189]
  9    12 ms    12 ms    20 ms  ae-58-113.csw1.london1.level3.net [4.69.153.122]

10    15 ms    12 ms    12 ms  ae-120-3506.edge4.london1.level3.net [4.69.166.5
]
 11    16 ms    14 ms    14 ms  195.50.122.66
 12    13 ms    14 ms    17 ms  85.205.116.10
 13     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 14     *        *        *     Request timed out.

We have tested the unit on another line with the same firewall and this works. The line suppliers can see no issues on the line they provide and as can be seen with the tracert have a a route to the vodafone network.

Please help

Thanks

Richard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi again Richard,

I wasn't expecting it to be such a fast turnaround.

The IP address is now on the whitelist.

I've resynced your VSS. Please factory reset it and it should all be great.

Cheers,

LeeH

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Richard,

Thanks for posting.

I've checked everything and it looks like the IP you've given isn't on the whitelist despite it being registered in the UK.

I've asked for the whitelist to be updated and will let you know when it has, although I expect you'll see the VSS working before I get a chance to come back to the thread.

Cheers,

LeeH

Hi again Richard,

I wasn't expecting it to be such a fast turnaround.

The IP address is now on the whitelist.

I've resynced your VSS. Please factory reset it and it should all be great.

Cheers,

LeeH

Hi Lee,

The unit has now connected and is showing the normal lights for operation.

We are going to have multiple Sure signals  at this and another site. I have connected the second unit which is just flashing the Internet light (this has been for about 45 min) how long should it take to get its connection and is there any issues running multiple Sure signals from the same Internet connection.

Thanks

Rich

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi rahopkins72

Give it a couple of hours :).

There shouldn't be any issues as long as you have enough bandwidth.

Thanks

Sukhi

robforsyth
4: Newbie
This is for Vodafone tech help. For some months I have not been able to get my new VSS3 to work. My IT support chap, Zen internet provider and Vodafone have all offered advice and help but no go. The consensus seemed to be that VSS uses PPPOA whereas my high speed fibre optic router uses PPPoE ( could be vice verve as I am a non tech! And have forgot) Anyway I put the VSS back in its box for several weeks while Zen tried to come up with a new idea. I plugged in my VSS and before I could apply Zen's good idea the VSS was working!! Question - have you done anything recently that might have caused the unexpected result. Zen and my IT chap would like to know having beaten their heads more times than they liked against the wall.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi robforsyth,

There haven’t been any changes to the system so it’s most like something at your end that’s changed or updated.

I’m pleased to see this is working now though! :Smiling:

Thanks,

Jenny 

As it was put back into the same 13a socket it was taken out of and sat in its box in the weeks between and nonreset or anything done it is something of a mystery then!

Can i put a second VSS on the same broadband to cover another blank area on our property?

I have just realised that there was one difference between before and after. Before I was using the Vodafone supplied ethernet cable  which is very thin. After I have used another ethernet cable which I think came with a D-Link plug or a router and is much more substantial. Whether this latter cablle is better with very high speed broadband (80mbps download) than yours I dont know but it is the only diffrence I have been able to establish. I say this for benefit of any one else reading this forum/ I now also recall a similar comment elsewhere  on one of the other numerous VSS problem forums.

Hi robforsyth,

To be honest the thicker cables offer more shielding so limits electronic interference, this is why we will often recommend trying a different Ethernet cable for random disconnection issues.

You can use a second Sure Signal on the same broadband connection providing you have enough bandwidth to provide service on both of the Sure Signals.

The only issue you will have is that if you are on a call on one Sure Signal, it will not transfer the call to the other Sure Signal.

You may find that if walking out of the range of one Sure Signal whilst on a call, it will make the phone drop back onto the normal network and potentially cut out if you don’t have any signal.

James