Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal V3: Flashing Red light, stable Orange User light

sue_joy
4: Newbie

I bought a Sure Signal V3 last week and since then have been trying to get it working. After contacting Vodafone and my ISP, I have set up port forwarding manually. I an still getting a red flashing light and stable orange user light.

My router is a ZyXEL AMG1302-T10A - IP address 192.168.1.1

My ISP is Kcom and IP address is 213.249.174.212, this is a sticky IP (according to Kcom)

Download speed is 7.03mbps

Upload speed is 0.84mbps

Ping is 48ms

Jitter is 4ms

Sure Signal Serial no. 40131560225, and device is showing as registered in my account.

Trace Route:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  192.168.1.

2    34 ms    34 ms    33 ms  10.55.200.14

3    35 ms    34 ms    34 ms  10.55.201.5

4    42 ms    43 ms    44 ms  lndgw2.arcor-ip.net [195.66.224.124]

5    42 ms    41 ms    42 ms  85.205.116.6

6     *        *        *     Request timed out.

7     *        *        *     Request timed out.

8     *        *        *     Request timed out.

9     *        *        *     Request timed out.

10     *        *        *     Request timed out.

11     *        *        *     Request timed out.

12     *        *        *     Request timed out.

13     *        *        *     Request timed out.

14     *        *        *     Request timed out.

15     *        *        *     Request timed out.

16     *        *        *     Request timed out.

17     *        *        *     Request timed out.

18     *        *        *     Request timed out.

19     *        *        *     Request timed out.

20     *        *        *     Request timed out.

21     *        *        *     Request timed out.

22     *        *        *     Request timed out.

23     *        *        *     Request timed out.

24     *        *        *     Request timed out.

25     *        *        *     Request timed out.

26     *        *        *     Request timed out.

27     *        *        *     Request timed out.

28     *        *        *     Request timed out.

29     *        *        *     Request timed out.

30     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Trace complete.

I hope you can help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello Dave,

Thanks to ZyXEL tech team, my router configured for Sure Signal and now working perfectly - I actually have a full signal on my phones and Mifi - BRILLIANT!!!

Thank you so much for your help, time and patience.

Sue.

View solution in original position

37 REPLIES 37

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi sue_joy,

What you've posted there looks OK, but it doesn't show a connection on the system here since it was de-registered in June.

I've done a resync, so can you try resetting the Sure Signal box for me? 

• Locate the button on the base of the box next to the Ethernet ports.
  • Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds.
  • Once the lights come back on, release the button.
  • The Sure Signal will come online in around 1 hour.

If that doesn't work, can you check the lights by the Ethernet ports for me on the Sure Signal. These should either be lit or flashing. If they're not, try an alternate cable or plugging the cable into different physical ports on the router.

Dave

Hello Dave,

This sure Signal was previously owned by somebody else; he said he registered it, didnt use it and deregistered it to sell it. I believed this as the ethernet cable was still in a sealed bag.

I have done a reset. The lights didn't go off until I released the reset button - then the red light came on, and a few mintes later the orange light lit and the red light started to flash again. Now over an hour later, the red light is still flashing, the orange one is constant.

The lights by the ethernet ports are both on, the green one is constant, the yellow is flashing. The port light on my router is also on. I guess that means there isn't a problem with the cable or the ports.

Is there anything else I can try.

Thanks for trying to help.

Sue

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi sue_joy, 

The Sure Signal still isn't showing a connection. Can you check a few other things for me?

- Ensure the following ports are open for forwarding on your router: 8, 50, 123, 500, 4500, 1723.

- Check the Maximum Transmission Unit (NTU) on the router is set to 1500. If it won't go that high, set it to the maximum.

- Try switching of the Sure Signal, then the router. Wait a few minutes, then restart the router only. Once that's kicked in fully, restart the Sure Signal.

Dave

Hello Dave,

Thanks again for your reply. I am trying to obtain information from ZyXel to help me to check that I have set up the port forwarding correctly and to find the MTU location to set the size to 1500. I will get back to you when I have received this informatiom and done the necessary.

Thanks, Sue.

Hello Dave,

Thanks to ZyXEL tech team, my router configured for Sure Signal and now working perfectly - I actually have a full signal on my phones and Mifi - BRILLIANT!!!

Thank you so much for your help, time and patience.

Sue.

Hello Dave,

Please could you remove the error message shown on My Sure Signal so that I can access the phone numbers registered there.

Thank you, Sue.

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Sue_Joy,

Click here to get us your details and we'll get this sorted for you.

Dave

Well, I had a full vodafone signal for over 24 hours, it was brilliant! then this morning my internet connection dropped out and the Sure Signal stopped working. The internet was only off for a few minutes.I have tried unplugging the router and the Sure Signal, and restarting them but now all I'm getting is the flashing red power light, and a constant orange user light - again.

Help, please, anyone out there.

Hello again.

I spoke with one of your tech team on the phone last night about my problem with my VSS, and he was supposed to ring me back at 8.50pm yesterday - he didn't!!!

Please would you do a resync from your end and see if this solves things. I have had my VSS now for over 3 weeks and it has been actually working for between 24 and 36 hours, that's all. I am getting fed up with it, and it is worse now that it has been working because I know how good the VSS is when doing what it should.

Please, please help.

Sue.