cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal V3 - How far (ideally) should it be from BT Hub 5 (2.4 & %gHz) Router?

time2relax
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Alas, about to give up on Sure Signal. My V2 unit has a sad history - another story! While Support Desk tries to add users for the nth time, I've bought a new V3 Sure Signal in a last attempt to have a stable signal at home - where there is no network coverage.
So, I'm about to install it. Naturally some interference could well affect it from the 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless router transmission.
Obviously, centimerters and inches are too close - but should it be say 3 or  5 metres away? Yes, I know I could put it in another room but that would be a pity as would ideally like a strong wifi and 3G signal.

Any advice appreciated.

By the way - all my problems with the V2 box were related to adding users - had to do it several times per year, and every time had to re-register the Sure-Signal box, but that's another story - and all behind me now!  - I Hope!!!

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

Some information I can find about distance is mainly about the sure signal device. 

"Sure Signal creates a 3G signal around your home by using your home broadband connection. It’s ideal if you're in a basement flat, have really thick walls or live out in the countryside.

Typically the signal reaches about 30 metres - plenty for most homes. Make sure to put your Sure Signal somewhere so that its signal can reach all areas of your home - thick walls, for example"

I have the Bt Home Hub 5 and have split the frequencies so I can hook up to one or the other frequencies bands.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.