Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal V3. Lights are on, poor signal

louise_afs
2: Seeker

Hi,

I recently installed my Sure Signal (around 1 week ago now) and it has been working perfectly, until I left to work in a different area and connected to another Sure Signal. Now that I have returned home I can't seem to connect to my own again. Both the internet and service LED's are on but my phone has little to no signal and my call quality is terrible. The user LED does not light up when I make a call, though I have double checked and my phone is registered to mu Sure Signal.

Any suggestions as to how I can fix this? My phone is used for a 24/7 operating business and it's causing quite a bit of hassle on that front.

My serial number is 40133638987

8 REPLIES 8

louise_afs

I should mention that I don't get any faulty lights appearing at all. The User LED is never lit nor flashing.

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi louise_afs,

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Sukhi

Speed Test Results: 

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi louise_afs,

Thanks for supplying your results. While everything is OK with your IP and traceroute details, I'm afraid your current upload speeds are below the minimum requirements needed for the unit to run.

You can discuss your internet speeds and options with your ISP. The minimum upload required is 0.32Mb/s for normal use. :Smiling:

Let me know how you get on and if there's anything else I can help with.

Cheers, Ben

Hi,

I have just completed another speed test (this time on a pc with a wired connection rather than my wireless laptop) and my results were 2.87Mbps - Download Speed and 0.52Mbps - Upload Speed. My Sure Signal is still not picking up my phone even though all lights are on and not flashing. The call LED still does not light up when I make a call.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/3144639070.png

Sorry, the results are here.

Is there any way of me requesting a re-sync? I've read in other threads that the connection between the BT Home Hub 3 and the SS isn't guaranteed, but mine worked perfectly for over a week before it stopped working, which happened to be the same day I connected to another SS at a different address.

Louise

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi louise_afs

I've given it a re sync can you complete a factory reset and let me know if it helps?

Locate the button on the base of the box next to the Ethernet ports.

-Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds.

-Once the lights come back on, release the button.

The Sure Signal will be back online in around 1 hour.

Thanks

Sukhi