cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal V3 - No longer registered to me?

taytos
6: Helper
6: Helper

Hi,

My Sure Signal V3 has been working fine for a few months now, during this weekend I noticed my phone barely had any signal, basically 1 bar of GPRS or No Service.

Tonight I went online into my Vodafone account and went to the Sure Signal area and surprise, there is no Sure Signal registered to me anymore. All my users gone, which is really annoying as now everyone will get that annoying set of text messages saying Sure Signal is now working for them when I sign them back up.

I re-registered the serial number into my account and it says active, I got the text message to say it's working. Few hours later, few power cycles of my phone and Sure Signal... Still nothing.

How do I fix this?

Cheers,

Craig.

2 REPLIES 2

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@taytos,

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

• The Sure Signal Serial number
    • The lights you're seeing on the Sure Signal
    • The results of a traceroute

VSS Traceroute command

• On a PC:
    • Click on Start and select Run
    • Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok
    • A black box will appear
    • In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter
    • Paste the output of this command into your reply

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

DaveCD

Hi Dave,

I've sorted it.

For everyone elses information, seems Vodafone have a new system in place, I was migrated to it, it removed my Sure Signal and all my users. You have to re-register it on the website, you will have to setup all your users again and then press and hold the reset button on the bottom of the Sure Signal around 4-5 times with a few hours wait between each reset then eventually it will spring back into life.

Needless to say, a problem that I should not have had to deal with had the "migration" been done properly. On a side note, the migration seems to have added lots of international call barring to my account that I never had before, so be sure to check that too.

Cheers,

Craig.