Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal V3 Wont connect, Red Flashing and 2 amber

dotrix
3: Seeker

Hi

I have spent hours last night trying to seup a Sure Signal V3 box. It just does not want to connect, i plug it in the internet light slowly flashes then the Red light start flashing and the two end lights (wireless and phone) go amber.

Its connected to a BT Home Hub, I have put it in the DMZ on the fire wall i have also port forwarded all the ports on the the torible shooting page but nothing works.

His external ip address is 213.123.210.9 i was wondering if that may require adding to the whitelist after looking at other forum answers?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

22 REPLIES 22

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@mattberryman

As the issue still persists with a different internet connection, we'll need to take closer look.

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

For anyone else with the same issue, try the steps listed here and if you’re still affected contact customer service.

Hello,

I am having exactly the same issue. Please see tracert and all the details bellow

Public IP - 88.211.98.34

SN - 43152152344

Speedtest - attached

Tracert - attached

Any help will be appriciated.

Regards,

Pawel

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@PawelHaubus - I can see your Sure Signal’s connected to our servers this morning – is everything working now?

If not, please try resetting your Sure Signal and then get back to us with the following if this isn’t resolved:

• Who is your ISP?
  • What router are you using?
  • What light sequence are you seeing now?

Hello,

Thanks for your replay. We've reset Sure Signal but it doesn't connect.

Who is your ISP?

• Vaioni

What router are you using?

Palo Alto Firewall

What light sequence are you seeing now?

Constant red light

I've checked all firewall rules and I can see suresignal traffic leaving our network.I can provide you with all the logs if required

Please let me know if you need any details.

Regards,

Pawel

@PawelHaubus - Which light are you seeing and is it staying on permanently or flashing red?

Try using a different ethernet cable as that can sometimes be the issue.

If that fails, try the following:

Check that your Sure Signal has been assigned an internal IP address by your router.

The Sure Signal must be assigned an internal IP address by your router. If your router supports DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol), this must be enabled as doing so will enable the router to assign an IP address to your Sure Signal automatically.

For more instructions on how to do this, please check your router manual or contact your ISP or router manufacturer.

If your router or network configuration doesn’t allow DHCP, you’ll need to assign a static IP address to your Sure Signal's MAC Address by using your router's configuration panel. Please contact your ISP or router manufacturer for instructions on how to do this. The MAC address can be found on the sticker at the back of the Sure Signal.

Check your MTU settings.

Log into your router admin page and find the location of the MTU field. This varies depending on the make and model so you’ll need to look for it.

Change the value of the MTU size to 1500.

Log out of the router, this will usually result in a reboot.

Perform a reset of the Sure Signal:

1. Hold in the reset button until all lights go solid
  2. Pull the power lead out with the reset button still pushed in
  3. Continue to hold down the reset button and reconnect the power lead
  4. Wait for all lights to come on and then release the reset button

The Sure Signal will now try to contact the network and download its profile. This can take up to 6 hours.

Hello,

Thanks for your replay. Unfortunately sure signal does not connect after the reset. We've checked all the cables and ports with no luck. I can see all the traffic passing our firewall.

Regards,

Pawel

@PawelHaubus - Replace the ethernet cable with a new one and reconnect the Sure Signal. If this doesn't work then connect to a friend or family members internet to check that it isn't your router.

Hello,

We've done that already. I know that Sure Signal works from other locations. 

I can see all the traffic passing through the firewall but Sure Signal doesn't connect. I can provide logs and screenshots.

Thanks,

Pawel

@PawelHaubus - We've resynched the Sure Signal again, so please leave it connected for a further 24 hours.

dotrix
Hi
It's a bt business hub 3.0 and does not have that function.

Cheers