Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal V3 & BT Infinity

marc2629
5: Helper

Thought I'd share how I got my Sure Signal working with infinity....

• First step is to identify your Sure Signal on your network, this can be done by matching the MAC address on the back of the unit to one of the MAC address' listed in your network (I renamed it sure signal for future reference)
  • I then set up the game/application rule under port forwarding and followed the steps to open ports 8, 50, 123, 500, 4500 and 1723. I set them to 'any' where I had the choice of UDP/TCP.
  • I then applied this game/application rule to the sure signal
  • I also turned on  'port clamping' which can be found under broadband settings, then VPN.
  • I also switched on DMZ under port forwarding (although I do not know if this is 100% necessary, it was a case of try everything :smileywink:)
  • I then called Vodafone customer services and asked them to re-sync the device, which they said would take between 5 mins to an hour.
  • Sometime later I checked back and all the correct lights were illuminated and not flashing.

I hope this helps others a bit, for reference I think I have a homehub3 and that's with BT infinity.

11 REPLIES 11

I had already done that and it didn't make any difference. I tried again but still no difference. I also have the correct ports forwarded and it is in DMZ. Can't get it to connect. I'm on a BT Business Hub 5 and upgraded to fibre optic connection. Don't know what to do.

CCampling
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

This worked a treat, even without a re-sync from Voda - just needed to punch its way throught the HH5.

Cheers for posting

Chris